• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Where to find an external antenna for my Droid X

kygolden

Lurker
Feb 4, 2011
I'm sure I may have over looked this question answered but here it is anyway: I need an external antenna of some kind to boost my signal at work. Everywhere else I get 3G/4 bars beautiful service but at work my signal really sucks. I work inside a metal trailer-like building so it's hard to get a signal from my desk but if I hold the phone up to the sky light I get 3x the upload/download speeds.

I can not locate a spot on the Droid X to attach a cable of any kind like on a car adaptor. I was really hoping for some help with this. I absolutely LOVE my Droid X and would not trade it for anything but the signal at work is a pain.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Welcome to the Android Forums!

I suspect that unless you invest in one of those silly "As seen on TV" foil stickers for the inside of your battery cover, you'll not have much luck finding an external antenna for most modern digital cell phones.

The only workaround that comes to mind would be to add a femptocell at your office. The challenge with this is two-fold: A) they're expensive and B) they require always-on Internet access so you'll need to get your companies I.T. department involved in the installation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones