1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where to find app privacy policy?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Samantha S, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Samantha S

Samantha S Lurker

Hi.

I'm useing Google Play console to help me to create a app. This is the first time that I have ever created a application and is the first time that I have ever used Google Play console. I am having difficulty with finding the privacy policy for my application.

I have the application downloaded onto my Samsung Galaxy tablet 5.10. The app is runing just fine on my device. When I download the app, a message pops up with the privacy policy. It ask weither or not I want to decline,or accept it.

Where do I go to get the URL for my privacy policy for my app? ( If it helps any, I am useing AppGyser to make my apps. I don't have a website.)

I would really like some help. I have tried doing serches for how to do this. Please give me simple, set-by-step dirrectons. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

The privacy policy is something that you have to write for your app... Explaining
    What your app does with any data that it may collect.

3. Samantha S

Samantha S Lurker

Hi.

How do I write one?

Also, what does,'write files to the external storage' mean?

Are their any websites that I can go to to write a privicy policy? Or enter in my information and have it write one for me?

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Looks like most apps have their privacy policy on their website, apps have a link to their privacy policy at the bottom of their Play Store page:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps

'Write files to the external storage' means it uses the SD card inserted in your phone.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

7. Samantha S

Samantha S Lurker

Hi.

Thank you for the information. Yes, I have been using Iubenda to write my privacy policy.

On my app, when you first download it, a message popes up about asking if the company, Modi ( Airpush is gathering data), can collect information.

In my policy, do I put something in the clause to the effect of "Airpush ask permissson to gather app data?" Would this be considered a third party?

In Iubenda, in the section to put a clause that states that a third party is asking to collect information, do I put Modi as the one that is collecting data , or do I put Airpush?