1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Where to find development help?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by TheChosenOne, Mar 22, 2011.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm new to Android development and I've been having some issues trying to get everything working the way I want it to. I know there's great places for resources, code examples, etc... but that's pretty useless if you have a real question.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums. I've moved your post to the Android Development forum, have a look around in this area for a place to ask you question:

Android Development - Android Forums

3. miXer

miXer Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Norway
    Well, what is your question?

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    Co-op'ing, doing software development in IT
    Ohio, US
    One of the best places for any coding question is StackOverflow. AndDev.org also seems like a nice place to try. Granted, I mostly lurk in these places, but they're very helpful.

5. Sam Voss

Sam Voss Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Programmer, in school
    Wisconsin
    Hey everyone!

As I've noticed, I don't think this development comunity is quite developed enough (which is understandable, because its a HUGE forum) and I am the head of XynTeq Development, and I created forums for us to try and make an android development specific forum!

We'd love to have all of you join, we're currently looking for staff, so if we like what we see, you may just get a PM from one of the admins.

Forums are at forums.xytneq.com

we also have an android development competition for any new or experienced developers with great prizes, including cash! Android Development Competition

6. canalrun

canalrun Newbie
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    Hello,
    Sorry, this is gonna sound like an advertisement, but I am just a very happy customer and I hope to alert others to this great tool.

If that bothers you, please delete this or proceed to the next post.

I have been a developer for many years. We used to have to do everything the hard way. Then in the early 90s, development environments and IDE's were invented. Productivity shot through the roof.

I was not looking forward to learning Eclipse, Java, and the SDK.

I just found Basic4Android at basic4ppc.com. I am tickled pink.

Check it out. They have tutorials and examples. They also have a free trial. The standard version is on special for $39 right now.

Barry.

7. miXer

miXer Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Norway
    Please don't use what canalrun here is talking about. The apps made by Basic4Android is not java, its a Visual Basic like language. If you are going to learn to develop Android apps, please use Java or C++, just like Google intended. You will have much more understanding of what is going on if you write the xml's for instance your self.