• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to find firmwares?

dryhte

Mar 16, 2010
Belgium
Hi all,

if there's anyone who's previously owned an LG phone, please report here how you used to get your firmware updates (other than through the update program delivered by LG). Most brands have at least some sort of community firmware repository, but you've got to find it ;)

I'd also be interested in an insight in the naming scheme employed by LG for their firmwares. Currently there are reports about versions V10A, V10B and V10C, but are these really consecutive versions, or are they 3x the same version 10 but localized?

I've already tried to 'persuade' my firmware update program to download version V10C by selecting 'Europe' (which has V10C, not B) but that didn't work.

I have a question about firmware update... i have downloaded the tools from lg so i can update my lg phone... i saw that in greece the V10b is available, and i have V10a. but when i try to update it, it says that my phone is up to date.
is there anything i can do to update my phone to the next firmware?

Upvote 0
According to what I've found (for GT540 phones, mind you), you could use the following program to install .kdz files on your phone: KDZ Updater English. Apparently, you'd first have to install the (included) msxml.msi, and then run the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe with the following settings: 3GQCT DIAG.
Personally I'm holding off trying this out until the next GAOSP nightly has been released so I can at least use one Android phone reliably ;) but if someone dare try this out, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones