• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to find the 360 in stock...

Can't help but wonder if BB was just blowing smoke at me when saying they'd have one in for me by Thursday the latest. Of course, we'll see as it isn't Thursday yet, but it just seems odd that these things aren't popping up more. Anyway, time will tell and I'll keep hunting and watching videos on getting familiar with my device prior to its arrival.

Do you guys suggest a full charge before doing anything to the watch? Full charge, sync to the phone, then let the updates take effect?

Upvote 0
Remember I said mine was in deep discharge when I got it, so anticipate putting it on the charger for a while. I think it went through three boot phases the first time when I finally got it going. Then I just controlled myself and let it charge. I didn't do a full discharge after that, I figured it was already down to zero so the battery should be calibrated. I usually do a full 100-0 on my phones when I first get them.

P.S. Battery life much better today so one of those deleted programs must have been a problem. I'm at 76% right now. Still could be better but this is acceptable.

Edit: I've also deleted every app except Pixtocam and rebooted it.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
Can't help but wonder if BB was just blowing smoke at me when saying they'd have one in for me by Thursday the latest. Of course, we'll see as it isn't Thursday yet, but it just seems odd that these things aren't popping up more. Anyway, time will tell and I'll keep hunting and watching videos on getting familiar with my device prior to its arrival.

Do you guys suggest a full charge before doing anything to the watch? Full charge, sync to the phone, then let the updates take effect?

I plan on putting mine on the charger first, before doing anything. Actually, that's what I do with all my devices, after first getting them. With phones, I'll power up just to make sure the phone is connected, but will quickly hard reset and turn off, while charging. Whether it's just a placebo or not, I don't care, cuz it's worked for all my devices and I've never had any issues with any of them, like others seem to have (e.g. excessive power drain, funky UI issues, etc.)

Upvote 0
My Moto 360 is in Hodgkins, IL today, so still looking good for a Friday delivery. Probably won't have another update until Thursday.

Keep us posted...
That's the one thing I don't like about the path I took. By having mine sent to the actual BB store, I don't have tracking information. I got the email saying the order was placed. Another saying it shipped out Sunday and now I'm in Limbo. The suspense is killing me. Man, do I need a life. Funny how powerful gadgets can be.

Upvote 0
Called BB, as per the gal who placed my order last Friday night, to see if my order number was on today's shipment, but was told that ALL of BB's computer system was down and just beginning to get back up and running. They could only ring people in and out; they couldn't look up anything or place any orders. Yikes!

Well, I guess I can try back later tonight or try again tomorrow morning to see. I'm trying to have patience, but I'm failing miserably.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Well...not the best news but not the worst either, I suppose.

Just called BB and gave them my order # for them to track it for me. My 360 is still in California and will be scheduled for delivery by the end of the day Monday, the 22nd. I asked if she would share that UPS tracking # with me so I didn't have to keep calling them and she was happy to oblige. Sure enough, when I look it up myself, that information is true.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait.

(Anyone finding stock anywhere else?)

Upvote 0
Well...not the best news but not the worst either, I suppose.

Just called BB and gave them my order # for them to track it for me. My 360 is still in California and will be scheduled for delivery by the end of the day Monday, the 22nd. I asked if she would share that UPS tracking # with me so I didn't have to keep calling them and she was happy to oblige. Sure enough, when I look it up myself, that information is true.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait.

(Anyone finding stock anywhere else?)

If only we could switch around our orders, Joe! Your watch is closer to me. My watch closer to you! How the heck does that happen?

Upvote 0
Well I got both of my orders in. Was supposed to be one of each color but I got both black! I guess someone 's stupidity at best buy packing my watch decided which color I would stick with. Now to return the other black one...

Edit: So I call Best Buy online to let them know the problem and I can't just return the black watch with the gray receipt to a store even if I show both black watches. I have to ship it back. Ugh Best Buy. At these times, you are not my friend.

Upvote 0
That's so asinine. And so much for 3-5 days I'll have the watch, haha. Ah, well. The anticipation is like foreplay.

I agree. Makes no sense to me. Mine shipped out from the East Coast, yours shipped out from the West Coast. You'd think that they'd go for shipment from the closest warehouse, right?

And I'd think that if a product was being shipped directly to the store, it'd be a faster delivery, but if mine ends up right on time with the estimated delivery, I end up receiving my watch before you, when you placed your order the day before me? WTH? I typically have had very good experiences with Best Buy online ordering and shipping, but it always seems to be the "hard to purchase" items that have had the most difficulties, when it comes to Best Buy.

The good thing is, we went the route that we did, rather than banking on the rumors that Best Buy would be stocked, yesterday, like Motorola (even though they weren't), otherwise we'd both still be waiting to actually purchase.

Upvote 0
My local-ish BB is still showing no stock, but I'm going to call them later anyway as their shipments come in late Wednesday. If they have a black in stock I'm going to see if they give it to me and when mine ships to them Monday they can just put that in their standard inventory. Doubtful, but it gives me something to do...you know, other than teaching my students, lol. :)

Upvote 0
So, I guess Monday will be the earliest for me too. Apparently, a late ups truck means delayed delivery for me also. I seriously can't stand UPS. Always my last choice for deliveries.

We are being tested, that's all. A test in patience and come Monday...or Tuesday, haha, we'll be playing with our new, handsome gadget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones