1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

where to get drivers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tlxb76, Jun 13, 2011.

1. tlxb76

tlxb76 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Im new to android. just switched from blackberry. I plugged my nexus s into my pc and thought it would be recognized the way my bb used to. Well it wasnt and I have no clue how to get the drivers needed. All i wanna do is get my music i have on the pc onto my phone. Can anyone send a link for the drivers or tell me if its even possible to sync this phone with my pc?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

You shouldn't need specific drivers to copy files. When you plug in the phone using the supplied USB cable, you should see a USB icon in the notification bar. Pull down the bar and click on USB connected. It should prompt you to connect as mass storage. Do that and the phone will show up as a removable drive on your PC. Copy your files there.

tlxb76 likes this.
  3. tlxb76

tlxb76 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    thanks a lot!!! It worked!! im just dragging files right into removable disk f. hopefully it sorts it all out for me.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    You can keep your music organized iTunes style. Put your music in a folder on your sd card named music. Then in that folder organize the folder structure like this: artist/album/tracks.mp3

Android will scan the sd card when you remount it and discover all your music. If there is a folder with music or photos you don't want to appear in the music library or the gallery, create and empty file and call it .nomedia and place it in that folder (make sure you include the dot in front of the filename)

Tags: