• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to get replacement screen?

photoADK

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
I have an LG Ally with a shattered screen. It still works fine, but the glass is broken and it isn't very pleasant to try to use the touchscreen. I already replaced the phone with an HTC Incredible, but I would like to try to repair the Ally for my fiance to use. I'm experienced in small electronics repair, but I am having a heck of a time locating the part. It just isn't coming up on any cell phone repair sites. Does anyone know of a supplier who would sell a replacement screen for this phone? Thanks!

To VMANISME:
The link you have provided that goes directly to globaldirectparts.com is INCORRECT! I ordered an LCD from them and what I needed was a digitizer! For a shattered screen you need the DIGITIZER not the LCD. Global direct parts SUCKS!!!!!! Not only do you have to order more than one for the low price but their customer service completely SUCKS!!! I need my phone NOW and they were not willing to help me at all! In fact, no returns are allowed unless they made a mistake! I am so frustrated and upset!!! I will post on every forum if I have to! DO NOT ORDER FROM GLOBAL DIRECT PARTS even if they are the lowest price you will most definitely REGRET IT!!! There goes $50 bucks down the drain I don't have!!

Upvote 0
To VMANISME:
The link you have provided that goes directly to globaldirectparts.com is INCORRECT! I ordered an LCD from them and what I needed was a digitizer! For a shattered screen you need the DIGITIZER not the LCD. Global direct parts SUCKS!!!!!! Not only do you have to order more than one for the low price but their customer service completely SUCKS!!! I need my phone NOW and they were not willing to help me at all! In fact, no returns are allowed unless they made a mistake! I am so frustrated and upset!!! I will post on every forum if I have to! DO NOT ORDER FROM GLOBAL DIRECT PARTS even if they are the lowest price you will most definitely REGRET IT!!! There goes $50 bucks down the drain I don't have!!

When did you order this? Right below it death2all says ITS JUST THE LCD, i mean that sucks but dont come on here bitching because YOU didnt look into something for yourself. You even say in that post its an lcd, not the digitizer maybe if you had read up you would have seen this BEFORE buying it. Vmanisme didnt tell you it was the touch screen the damn link even says LCD!!! And yeah thats shittyish customer service but hey, it was cheap! And again YOU are the one who ordered the wrong part. Not VMANISME. If i posted a link saying this site will send you a free one, you just have to put in your credit card number would you do it? Cuz id love to get your credit card number! Jk but for real, the only person you can rely on is yourself, and that was your bad. Sucks they wont take it back but they sent what you ordered

Upvote 0
I have an LG Ally with a shattered screen. It still works fine, but the glass is broken and it isn't very pleasant to try to use the touchscreen. I already replaced the phone with an HTC Incredible, but I would like to try to repair the Ally for my fiance to use. I'm experienced in small electronics repair, but I am having a heck of a time locating the part. It just isn't coming up on any cell phone repair sites. Does anyone know of a supplier who would sell a replacement screen for this phone? Thanks!

Hi,

I had this same problem here in Canada and could not even find a store to get the part so I had to go on a scavenger hunt of sorts on the internet to get the part I needed. And yes, it too was the digitizer touchscreen. I found out that the LG Ally VS740 was the US version of the Canadian LG Shine plus C710h from Telus so... eventually after tons of phone calls here and much surfing I found this website and bought the part for the LG Ally for my LG Shine Plus and had a guy install it at a cell phone shop here. I was desperate. I was on a NEW 3 year contract and my son had totally wrecked the screen so I could not buy a replacement phone! Guess what? It totally worked! I was shocked and amazed!! Holy cow. And I did not have to buy 3 of them to fix the phone. I just bought ONE. It was so amazing. Here is the place I bought it from in the United States:

LG Ally VS740 Repair Parts

Please check it out and see for yourself. They were awesome. I got the part pretty fast and if you are doing it all yourself Global Direct parts has a free video for the LG Ally that shows how to properly remove the parts and the tools needed.

If this has helped you in any way please mention it so that others can rely on the information as well to solve their problem too.

Sandra

Upvote 0
icon14.gif

Originally Posted by photoADK

Reply from SandraR:

Hi,

I had this same problem here in Canada and could not even find a store to get the part so I had to go on a scavenger hunt of sorts on the internet to get the part I needed. And yes, it too was the digitizer touchscreen. I found out that the LG Ally VS740 was the US version of the Canadian LG Shine plus C710h from Telus so... eventually after tons of phone calls here and much surfing I found this website and bought the part for the LG Ally for my LG Shine Plus and had a guy install it at a cell phone shop here. I was desperate. I was on a NEW 3 year contract and my son had totally wrecked the screen so I could not buy a replacement phone! Guess what? It totally worked! I was shocked and amazed!! Holy cow. And I did not have to buy 3 of them to fix the phone. I just bought ONE. It was so amazing. Here is the place I bought it from in the United States:

LG Ally VS740 Repair Parts

Please check it out and see for yourself. They were awesome. I got the part pretty fast and if you are doing it all yourself Global Direct parts has a free video for the LG Ally that shows how to properly remove the parts and the tools needed.

If this has helped you in any way please mention it so that others can rely on the information as well to solve their problem too.

Sandra

Upvote 0

lg ally digitizer glass replacement. go to www.gogotoshop.com they have it at $37.00 or gather 3 of you and go to Store Temporarily Closed for Maintenance

they only sell then by pack of 3, but they're not expensive, $30.00 each

Upvote 0
lg ally digitizer glass replacement. go to www.gogotoshop.com they have it at $37.00 or gather 3 of you and go to Store Temporarily Closed for Maintenance

they only sell then by pack of 3, but they're not expensive, $30.00 each
LG shine plus and LG ally, if you have a broken screen, LCD, camera or you name it they have it. Enough parts to build your own phone. The touch glass is call a Digitizer, here are 2 sites you can order a replacement parts and i know it works as i ordered from the first one.
Go to www.gogotoshop.com they have it at $37.00 or gather 3 of you and go to www.globaldirectparts.com they only sell then by pack of 3, but they're not expensive, $30.00 each aprox... plus shipping for both of them. The site is closed for maintenance right now but you can leave your email and they'll let you know once open. They have everything, i was on it but only needed one so i went to the other one i stated first. Hope you can all repaire your phones.

Upvote 0
LG shine plus and LG ally, if you have a broken screen, LCD, camera or you name it they have it. Enough parts to build your own phone. The touch glass is call a Digitizer, here are 2 sites you can order a replacement parts and i know it works as i ordered from the first one.
Go to www.gogotoshop.com they have it at $37.00 or gather 3 of you and go to www.globaldirectparts.com they only sell then by pack of 3, but they're not expensive, $30.00 each aprox... plus shipping for both of them. The site is closed for maintenance right now but you can leave your email and they'll let you know once open. They have everything, i was on it but only needed one so i went to the other one i stated first. Hope you can all repaire your phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones