1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Where to get stock rom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ncage1974, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Guys, i have a HTC Incredible that has been sitting in my closet forever. Just was cleaning out things today. I would like to sell it but unfortunately i don't have the stock ROM. Is there anywhere i can download the stock ROM with sense & Froyo? Also is there any to unroot it? I currently have Cyanogenmod 7.2 on it and its rooted. What is the best way to make sure all data is wiped on the SD Card? If i remember correctly when you flash a rom it doesn't wipe the device. Anyways any help would be appreciated.

thanks....

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) When you flash a ROM you get rooted or not, whatever the ROM is. (It's the ROM that gets rooted.) Cyanogen is rooted, the stock ROM (if you get it from HTC) won't be. (If you get the "stock" ROM from someone who rooted his phone, them dumped the ROM, you get a rooted stock ROM.)

2) Factory reset to wipe out all personal data.

3) You can't fully "wipe" an SD card. You can format the card, but that just reprograms the controller to not have any record of any data on the card. The data is still in the memory chip. Either keep the card or use a blowtorch on it if the data on it is that sensitive. (There are apps that can read the memory chips directly. You'd be amazed at the data you find on "brand new" SD card memory chips. Melted silicon has no data on it.)

3. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks for the clarification. Ya i think a factory reset would be good enough for my needs. Do you know any safe place to get the factory ROM?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    follow the directions here to fully unroot:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-return-gingerbread-s.html

but honestly you are better off keeping it rooted, you'll probably get more money for it :). but I doubt there is much of a market for a 4 year old phone.

I'd just do a factory reset from recovery and take your SD card. :)