• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where to go from here.....

ZoeysDad

Lurker
Jun 23, 2011
long time reader....first time writer, looking for some tips/advice:

phone is rooted, evo shift, running cyanogenmod 7....I've got things running really well and it's been very cool customizing everything to my liking but I feel like I've hit a wall. What else should I/could I be doing?

I get a little confused about the difference between ROMS/kernels, etc. I used ROM manager to download cm7. Is that the best? Just looking for some ideas on more updates to download and things to tweak a little more.

thanks

Well, if you become a flashaholic, cm7 has nightlies. Its the newest edition, (but not guarunteed to be stable)
I would also flash a kernel. Its what helps process your phone, i would say. Some of them even help battery life.
Another, cm7 has PLENTY of themes. Everytime you get bored, just try a different theme.

If you get bored of cm7 and want to try another rom, go over to xda forums. Not all the roms are listed in rom manager.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones