• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to my sell Hero, and for how much?

Slovak

Nov 20, 2009
This may sound stupid, but where would be the best place to sell my fairly new Sprint Hero, and what would be a good asking price for it?
Why am I selling it? Well I have both it, and the new BB Curve. I love both phones, and both have their pluses and minuses. For me, my Hero lags more than it ought to and I have no third party apps whatsoever on it, and drops calls way more than my Curve does. The plus for the Hero, is the tons of free apps. I am still deciding on which to keep, and which to sell, but so far I am leaning towards selling the Hero.

answer to your question: my suggestion:
craigslist.org or Ebay..
price.. check out what they are going for on those sites.

if you think the Curve is better than the Hero?? then I highly think you did not even try to give the hero a chance. I can not see how the Curve is better....but it is true... each to thier own.

If you are really considering ... getting rid of your Hero...
then you have nothing to loose. You should root it... and Put on a 2.1 ROM.. then try it out again!....

If you are scared.. dont be.. you have nothing to loose. Get the MSL # from sprint for you Hero. Look how to HARD REST with MSL. If you dont like what you did... you can use that to put the phone back to STOCK!!!

Upvote 0
This may sound stupid, but where would be the best place to sell my fairly new Sprint Hero, and what would be a good asking price for it?
Why am I selling it? Well I have both it, and the new BB Curve. I love both phones, and both have their pluses and minuses. For me, my Hero lags more than it ought to and I have no third party apps whatsoever on it, and drops calls way more than my Curve does. The plus for the Hero, is the tons of free apps. I am still deciding on which to keep, and which to sell, but so far I am leaning towards selling the Hero.

I sold mine on Ebay for $250.00 in about an hour. "Buy It Now" of course.
But i sold mine to upgrade to the EVO when it comes out.
I would not trade my Hero for any Berry!!!

Upvote 0
A blackberry curve versus a Hero? Either you must have jittery hands and can't cope with a touch screen, kind of like my father, or you are just accustomed to the Curve. Just go with what you want.....

On topic: Ebay or craigslist is the best ways to go, or try to get a sale from an actual person where you live and get it all in-cash. Advertising works.

Upvote 0
My wife hated her BB Curve. I sold that and got her a HTC Diamond. She loves that. Now she is "eye-balling" my Hero. Looks like she will "acquire" that phone from me as soon as the EVO is released. I can think of no phone that would convince me to give up my Hero until the EVO release date. One thing to note: The Hero is running 2.1. If it was still 1.5, I would probably not be quite as happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones