1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Where to preorder?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BitHeroes, Feb 18, 2011.

1. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

Hey Guys,

Been having awful problems trying to preorder this phone. I've preordered from Clove, Handtec and Expansys, but all three refuse to ship to my address, which is different to my billing address (Student, and my billing address is my Dad's house).

Any other places I may have missed in the UK/Ireland.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. svengalis

svengalis Newbie

Ship to your dads house and have send it to you.

3. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

He's working abroad at the moment. So it's not really an option.

It's strange, this is the only time I've had trouble ordering stuff online to my address.

4. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

It's not unusually especially with a high value order of an electrical item and if its your first order with the retailer.
    Do any of the retailers offer payment by pay-pal? You can change the address yourself.

5. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

My other big problem too, is that I do not have a proof of address for my delivery address, as all the utilities etc, are in my landlords name.

I've come across another retailer that, hopefully, will allow me to order.

6. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Well-Known Member

Are you buying a sim free phone? If so couldn't you just add another address to your credit/debit card and it should ship fine.

Any stuff like this I get sent to my work address as no one is home able to sign.

7. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

Yeah, Sim Free. I can't add a second address, and to change my address, means the form gets sent to my billing address, which means it isnt much use either.

8. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Well-Known Member

I can just change add a second address to my credit card with a simple phone call. Maybe order from a shop and collect from there, but take in ID. Someone like Carphonewarehouse has new hand sets, but not sure if that's different in Ireland.

9. BitHeroes

BitHeroes Newbie

Well, I'll probably have to wait until summer for Ireland to get the Optimus 2X at retailers. We're still waiting on the Nexus S.

I'll find a way to get it at launch, trust me :p

Was just looking if someone had any other sources etc.

10. dude forget the uk. where can i order it in the usa

11. qwer

qwer Member

I don't think it's been announced in the USA yet. You'll get the Motorola Atrix, which, to me at least, seems a bit better than Optimus 2X, though.