1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Where to sell android application??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Fly01, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Fly01

Fly01 Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Female
    Hello all of you, please, could you help me/give me advice, in which secure place is possible to sell application - to make possibility to download it? Excluded Google play which takes some percentil for each sale. Thank you very much for you advice and experience.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Your other main option is Amazon Appstore, but they take a percentage as well. Sure if you wanted to avoid any merchant percentile takes, think you'd have to see about selling it yourself from your own website, so you keep 100%. Which might not be straight forward at all, because you'd have to have your own method accepting credit cards via your bank's merchant services, or perhaps use Paypal. Users would have to change their device settings to allow the installation of untrusted app sources, i.e. sideloading, the default is usually OFF. Any incompatibilities with users' devices you'd have to resolve yourself. You might have piracy to contend with, someone purchases your app, and then shares it out for the whole world via bittorrent or something. So you may need to consider your own DRM copyright protection scheme possibly. Unless you can trust your customers to be totally honest. :thumbsupdroid:

I presume you're not planning on selling any Apple iOS apps at any time.

#2 mikedt, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    shahrukh_hp1 and svim like this.
  3. shahrukh_hp1

shahrukh_hp1 Newbie

Jun 23, 2016
    Male
    any store app store that takes less percentage , you know of ?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Not really, in the Android world you basically got Google or Amazon, those are the trusted ones. There are other app stores, mostly Chinese ones, but they don't actually sell any apps and don't accept payments. they're all ad supported or apps and games use in-app purchases. Plus especially the Chinese app stores, e.g. 1Mobile Market, much is pirated and not to be trusted at all. Sometimes they have paid games for "free", but then they state the device must be rooted to run the crack! :eek: ....and then unsuspecting and unknowing Joe Public wonders what happened, faces costly repairs for re-flashing, or even has to buy a new phone or tablet.

#4 mikedt, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016