• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to start?

isebastian

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
Hello everyone, I am really interested in becoming an Android developer. Only problem is I'm not sure where to start. I want to develop any kind of apps and hopefully make some profit out of it. I do not have much programming experience (Just Python and that is it). I just started reading "Thinking in Java" by Bruce Eckel. I am still a high school student going into senior year. I will be taking AP Computer Science which hopefully will help me. If anyone can give me some opinions and some guidance (what to do?,where to go?,ANYTHING!). Thank you everyone.

If want to learn java, you can try a tutorial online to get your feet wet. Taking a class in any object oriented language will probably help you the most since they'll have assignments where you'll get to put your knowledge to practice. Once you understand the concepts of object oriented programming, then going from one language to another is not that difficult.

When it comes to programming in Android, the best place to get info is android developers website. There you'll find examples and support for things that are specific to android development.

http://www.java2s.com/Tutorial/Java/CatalogJava.htm

Upvote 0
If want to learn java, you can try a tutorial online to get your feet wet. Taking a class in any object oriented language will probably help you the most since they'll have assignments where you'll get to put your knowledge to practice. Once you understand the concepts of object oriented programming, then going from one language to another is not that difficult.

When it comes to programming in Android, the best place to get info is android developers website. There you'll find examples and support for things that are specific to android development.

Java Tutorial

Thanks I am now using this tutorial and the official java documentation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones