• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where'd my lockscreen go?

I'm feeling like a complete noob right now. I've changed something in my setup and now the lockscreen is gone completely. So, when I toggle the power button it just opens the phone, I really want to get my lockscreen back but I don't know how I did it.

I'm using a Droid X with OTA 2.2 and LauncherPro (unlocked)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I continued my searching over on the Moto Owners site and they're thinking this is a bug. Apparently, I should get just the slider lockscreen back by doing a factory reset. I'm in the process of that now and I'll post my results back here when I'm done.

By the way, if you're having this issue and you're using Exchange, there is a potential work-a-round of deleting the exchange account and adding it back in the brings the slider lockscreen back. I don't have exchange so I haven't been able to test it but there are a few people at the Moto Owners forum that have tried this and it worked.

Upvote 0
I was missing my lock screen slider because I had turned it off while running 2.1. It was permanently MIA in 2.2. I did a master reset this morning and the lock slider is back. I don't have any other type of lock either, just the slider.

Hmm that's interesting Riverman. I also had mine turned off in 2.1 and then no option to turn it back on after the update. So, for you is it now Slider only OR Slider + added security measure with no option to go straight into the phone?

Upvote 0
Hmm that's interesting Riverman. I also had mine turned off in 2.1 and then no option to turn it back on after the update. So, for you is it now Slider only OR Slider + added security measure with no option to go straight into the phone?

Yep, that's exactly how it is now. I miss having the option to go straight into the phone because the lick slider still isn't very smooth, and having to slide the lock and then enter a password or pattern is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Yep, that's exactly how it is now. I miss having the option to go straight into the phone because the lick slider still isn't very smooth, and having to slide the lock and then enter a password or pattern is ridiculous.

Definitely strange but good to know we can get the slider back if we want via factory reset (at least in your case). Right now I'm using nothing, but I'd like to just use the password or pattern lock with no slider. Hopefully that's on a list of fixes somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones