1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Where'd The Lights Go?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joe Soper, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Joe Soper

Joe Soper Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2014
    Male
    When I first purchased my Note 4, blue and green (dependent on the notification) lights would appear on the top left portion of my screen when the phone had timed out. That feature has disappeared and if I want to see any pending notifications, I have to resume the phone.

I enjoyed knowing when notifications were received when the screen timed out.

Does anyone have any idea how to "fix" this? I've referred to the manual with no luck.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS Joe Soper !
    I wasn't aware that the screen timing-out is a trigger for the LED to illuminate.
    The only suggestion I have is checking your Settings > Display > LED Indicator & ensuring it's checked.
    One other possibility is that you have (user-installed) applications to which this capability is built-in & wouldn't necessarily see this function system-wide.

Please keep us posted & once again,Welcome To Android Forums. :)

3. Joe Soper

Joe Soper Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2014
    Male
    Thank you Kolio, for the welcome and spot-on advise. Corrected and all working as intended.

Joe

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.