• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's JellyBean???

quite a quick update, a few apps needing updating once it restarted... definitely smoother you can tell straight away even though phone was pretty smooth before. I think it's just little things like when you turn the phone in camera mode the icons turn with it, makes it just that little bit better

Quite agree with you there, makes a great phone brilliant.
All my benchmark tests are faster since the update.

Upvote 0
I've got a htc_001 and downloaded the apps and force the update,

On the whole I am very very impressed, the new keyboard is cool, the voice typing works brilliant, and the improvements of project butter are great as well, and that's all I've noticed so far,

Couple of odd little things though, I can't get my wallpaper to be scrollable any more, and I'm not too sure on the battery improvements yet, without power save on my phone seems to be back to heating up alot and with it on all of the widgets have to reload every time I scroll to that page of the home screen.
Will see how it goes though

Definitely a brilliant update overall

Upvote 0
Couple of odd little things though, I can't get my wallpaper to be scrollable any more, and I'm not too sure on the battery improvements yet, without power save on my phone seems to be back to heating up alot and with it on all of the widgets have to reload every time I scroll to that page of the home screen.
Will see how it goes though

Definitely a brilliant update overall

The wallpaper doesn't scroll no more because HTC have gone back to the cube for sense as it was in gingerbread.
If you notice when you scroll through the screens it doesn't stop at the end but continues round.
Much better in my opinion.

Upvote 0
The wallpaper doesn't scroll no more because HTC have gone back to the cube for sense as it was in gingerbread.
If you notice when you scroll through the screens it doesn't stop at the end but continues round.
Much better in my opinion.

Ah right that explains it then, just thought I might have missed a setting somwhere,

I must agree though I like the been able to scroll all the way around, just makes finding a good HD correct sized wallpaper a little more difficult :)

And scratch what I said about the widgets reloading was my mistake,

Upvote 0
I'm finding that after the update my battery life is somewhat worse... From 100% after 3 hours I'm on 74% I haven't had any phone calls just sent about 50 texts... Been on fb a few times lol

Bugger!

We got this on Sprint last week and the consensus is in several parts.

For some, a factory data reset fixed it, for others, checking sync frequency of social apps, and for others, Google Now was the culprit.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
I miss rollouts, I can't even run a Sense JB ROM either because my CID isn't on the compatible list.

Google Now was the culprit.

It's also not the first time I've heard Google Now be a battery killer. Certainly when I run CM10/AOKP ROMs unless I turn off location services/Google Now, my battery life is atrocious.

Upvote 0
Really impressed with this update so far, it's the subtle little things like the change in keyboard and the speed of the browser has improved massively.. also pleased with the camera now, the hdr mode is class and runs so quick. Think the Google now thing is ok, can't really see myself using it much although I'm amazed at how well it deals with my Geordie accent :D battery is still going, won't know until tomorrow although I've been on it constantly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones