1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where's my dialer pad gone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Remember that old problem whereby if you were last on one of the other tabs in the dialler so that the keypad tab had scrolled out of view? This was causing some to wonder where the dialler keypad had gone.

Well, I just noticed it doesnt happen any more.
    Every time I press the phone icon now, it defaults to the dialler, no matter which tab I was on last. Hooray! :)

I'm wondering is this a CheckROM tweak, or was it fixed with a firmware release (Eg KI4, KJ1, KK5 etc)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

Mmm.....

Mine stays on the tab I left it on and doesn't default to the dialler.

Unbranded running 2.3.6 non-root.

3. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Running KK5 and does not default back to dialer .

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I am using Criskelo's 3d Dial pad (so therefore its a modded contacts.apk) so perhaps it is a feature of this

Maybe some fellow CheckROM users can test this out then to see if its the ROM, or if anyone else is on Criskelo's 3d Dialler could try it out...

If it turns out to be either of these then Slug, could you move this thread into the root section please. :)

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Double post

6. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Mines the same as you hawker. So I'm guessing its checkrom. Are you still using the 3d dialer as I've got that installed so it could be that.

Edit: Well you just answered my question while I was typing.

7. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

yes butty. on CheckROM with Criskelo's 3D dialler.
    We need someone on one OR the other to test.

I've not seen any mention of this mod on CheckROM or Criskelo's dialler, so what a good undocumented feature this is!

8. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Must be the dialer. I'm using checkrom but mine opens on whatever you leave it on.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews