1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Wheres my droid problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by fredsfish, Jan 15, 2014.

1. fredsfish

fredsfish Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Since my phone updated automatically today wheres my droid has locked me out and when I enter my usual pin code it emails and sends a text message to my brothers phone saying that my phone has been unlocked, what is going on?? can my phone possibly have a virus??

Advertisement

2. colaaddict

colaaddict Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    I had the same problem yesterday when my Galaxy S4 updated its operating system. I was temporarily locked out by Wheres My Droid and when I entered my usual pin the program emailed and SMS texted my husbands phone that my pin had just been entered correctly. It then locked me out permanently!!!! (Go figure!!) The only way I could get back into my phone was to uninstall the programme and then reinstall. I think Find my Droid has a problem with the new software update. Great piece of software though, I have located my lost phone several times using this program so was determined to keep it. So my advice
    uninstall and reinstall and see if that works for you, good luck

fredsfish likes this.
  3. fredsfish

fredsfish Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Thanks cola for the speedy reply, yes it has now locked me out completely too, so I did a hard reboot and uninstalled wheres my droid, I then downloaded a more up to date version and that seems to be working fine. Thanks

4. skinnyguitarboy

None

Jan 15, 2014
    This forum is fantastic I found a solution to my problem immediately. Like fredsfish above I was convinced I had a spam virus on my phone as my work and family were getting SMS messages and sometimes email telling them I had successfully entered my pin number as with both of you I was then locked out of my phone until I uninstalled the program. It must be a software update issue as it has only happened since yesterday evening when my phone updated its operating system. I am not sure if I will bother reinstalling as it hardly seems worth the trouble, I may try another lost phone locator. After uninstalling all is running well and the irritating SMS and emails have stopped. You guys are great:)

fredsfish likes this.
  5. fredsfish

fredsfish Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    This is really p***ing me off now I have just been locked out of my phone again, Im not actually sure if this is an issue with wheres my droid now but perhaps with the operating system update itself. I am trying to completely uninstall wheres my droid and see if that actually works or not

6. fredsfish

fredsfish Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Cola I think you mean wheres my droid I cant find an app called "find my droid":)

7. fredsfish

fredsfish Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Right, so now I have completely uninstalled wheres my droid, that was not actually easy as it seems to be a protected app on my phone so I had to lay around with the settings before it would let me remove it. I am going to see if my phone is now stable and stops locking. If this does not work I will roll back my operating system to the older version of jellybean and see if that works. I really want to try and keep wheres my droid because I have paid for it!!!

8. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Educator
    Raleigh, NC
    Contact the developer. I had an issue with Kaspersky permalocking my tablet when I updated from Android 4.3 to 4.4, and had to completely remove it. Reinstalling the version I had a backup of resulted in a new permalock.

My phone simply refused to install it at all.

9. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    rolling back your operating system can be pretty much impossible on recent versions of Android on the s4 with locked boot loader.