1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Where's my media goimg?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by sleedeane, May 11, 2012.

1. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    disabled carpenter
    Columbia, MO.
    It happened again.
    All of a sudden a bunch of my pictures and video dissappeared (but not all) from Gallery.
    I'm not sure if they were in DCIM internal or on the external card (more likely).
    This is the second time this has happened. Last time they weren't that important; this time they were to be precious memories of my dog.

The reason I don't know where the media was is because I had moved some of the media to the external card (have since set the destination to the ex card in camera settings), but not all.

The last time I lost some video was while I was moving my mnt/sdcard/DCIM/camera media to mnt/sdcard/ex_sdcard/dcim/camera.
    I think first I was cutting>moving individual pictures, then realized I should copy>move .
    Anyway, I did.something wrong because I lost half my videos.

The important pictures I lost this time were most likely on the external card when they vanished.

I rooted, error free.
    Then I installed titanium.
    Then I deleted some bloat.
    And froze and thawed many things. I keep screwing things up, including a couple of battery pulls to get out of some weird malfunctions and freeze-ups; freezing things that look useless but have an adverse effect on other things.
    I lost my media either during/because of rooting, which I doubt, or because I froze something that had an adverse effect on part of the gallery (?).

1) As I don't yet understand partitioning the sd card, and moved media to my card through astro, which may or may not be the right way, could this be a problem?

2) Is is possible that they are still somewhere and if so, where?

3) where can I find a list of freezables, useless things robbing memory/battery?

Thank you

Advertisement