1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where's my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:49 AM.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

As regular readers may remember, I ordered a Motorola Moto G Stylus online from wadmart. This was on the 17th of September. It was supposed to have arrived by the 23rd. Instead they kept saying that it was delayed. I got in touch with somebody by email, and I was told that the best thing to do was cancel the order and reinstate it. The website says there was a request for cancellation on October 4th and they would email me if it worked. Here it is almost a month later and I still haven't gotten any other word from them. I have given them 2 days (1 now) before I contact the Better Business Bureau. Is there anything else I can do about it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Sometimes the manufacturer is overwhelmed by a product that is in high demand, you have to be patient sometimes, and try to invest of shopping in stores :)

Rgarner likes this.
  3. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I had considered going there physically but since I have tried on numerous occasions with no luck I decided to go for the remote option. Boy was I wrong. If only I had traveled hundreds of miles to as many of their stores, I might at this very moment have been the proud owner of that phone. If they had it in stock I would of course not have been able to afford it. I don't know if it makes any difference that I paid by gift card.

4. Milo Williamson

That sucks so much... :(

Rgarner likes this.
  5. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

Can't positively help, but have you re - ordered it because the cancellation was in the system, or you are waiting for a refund to the card before reordering. Mostly just curious. I used an electronic gift card after holding it for 4 months to buy a pc.

I see Motorola US put the Stylus 2021 on sale **/ reduction also on the 4th of this month; so stocks probably down by now. ** [edit]

I would just get the refund and not expect another one from Walmart.

#5 Madd61, Oct 14, 2021 at 1:24 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM
    Rgarner likes this.
  6. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Yes, but how do I get the refund? The only way I could afford this WAS with gift cards. They are WADMART gift cards.

7. Milo Williamson

You mean walmart right?

Rgarner likes this.
  8. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Yes I do but I figure they deserve that name because of how godawful they are. Have you ever looked in on their complaint department? Most of the problems are mentioned by customers but at least one employee has taken them to task. How'd you like to be the only one working in the deli while everybody else who's supposed to is God knows where? I ended up giving them some feedback as well as a bad review, but I don't know if that's enough. How do I get them to send the darn thing or else reload the gift cards? I'm out almost $200 right now. It's time for wadmart to @$$_ or get off the pot.

9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You could go to a local walmart customer service desk with your documentation to get the refund squared up. Once that is done, order it "ship to store" which they will usually do for free over $35 (I think) which that should certainly be.

Alternatively, if this is through a 3rd party seller, they may only be able to help with the refund.

Rgarner likes this.
  10. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

No, it's directly from them. This would be just the sort of thing I hoped to avoid by getting it online, but I can see I was mistaken. I have gotten really tired of playing almost literal telephone tag (no phone when I could pay, available when I can't). Did O. Henry write one about this?

11. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

It's been a few years back, now, but I bought a phone from Walmart. Wanted to simply use it as a music player. Had no issues...

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Rgarner like this.
  12. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Yes, I had to learn the hardway to NEVER, EVER pre-pay for any goods or services from anybody.

Jobs, products, and services are to be paid for upon receipt.
    No exceptions.

When you pay for stuff on Amazon with a credit card, for example, you have recourse with the seller, Amazon, and even your credit card company if it has to go that far.

Rgarner likes this.
  13. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I have some good news at last on this front. Walmart has finally canceled the order. Now all I have to do is reorder it. I might do that all around town physical thing but I have virtually no transportation and a lot of other things to do. Therefore, I'm going to give them one last chance to get it right. Send it again and if it still doesn't work I guess I'll have to go there myself and hope it's ACTUALLY available.

14. Madd61

Madd61 Well-Known Member

Does it say In Stock and give a delivery estimate?

puppykickr and Rgarner like this.
  15. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I hadn't noticed that. I was looking at the "my orders" department and trying to figure out how to reorder. I ended up by replying to the email, "thanking" them for getting around to canceling my order 11 days after I asked them to and wondering how I could finish the job.