1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where's my water? Spyware BS..

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by androidexpat, Dec 22, 2011.

1. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

WTH does this game need to read all your personal contact information? We download a game to play a game on our device and not to send personal contact information in our contacts booklet to various application developers.

Screen shot Images from Samsung Note are saved at something like 1200x800 so images will not upload.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Email the developer to complain. It is rather obnoxious that games ask for contact info, location (when they're not a location based game), etc.

3. bioforce

bioforce Well-Known Member

4. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

Glad I got the paid version, even though it was only $0.10 the other day. Disney is the developer so who knows what they want all that information for - $$$ maybe??

5. bioforce

bioforce Well-Known Member

Paid version free on Amazon today.

6. jerofld

Interesting enough, the app won't allow itself to be force closed. The Amazon version, at least. I force close it and it immediately restarts. I uninstalled it, because even if it isn't spyware, that isn't behavior I appreciate from a game.

7. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

I got my version from Amazon but when it was $0.10 so it is the paid version. I just looked at my running applications and it was not listed but when I went into the app information for Where's My Water it did show Force Stop as an option so I selected it and it has remained greyed out for me (and I have gone in and out of the app data to "refresh" if needed). Weird.

jerofld likes this.
  8. jerofld

Indeed. Maybe the app just went rogue on my device? It happens.

9. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

When I went to the Android Market I only saw one version available and it was the free one. At the time it asked for a bunch of personal information. For a game it should not require access to your personal information and contacts! I wonder how many game and software developers work with the government these days :rolleyes: