1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wheres project butter?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by admob, Dec 23, 2012.

1. admob

admob Well-Known Member

In all honesty, my hox was smoother under ics... especially opening folders, they lag and stutter like mad. Before the upgrade they were smooth as silk.. jb is bobbins in my mind... not happy! And don't get me started on the mass storage farce.... why wasn't this ever highlighted..... especially when the hox+ was released?...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Different people have different experiences with ROMs, mate. I can tell you that Jelly Bean for me is much better than ICS in terms of speed, lag, time of opening and closing applications, and certainly is much smoother in terms of swiping and such; however my best friend prefers ICS over it. As I said, it is a matter of preference, and you might want to do like a full restore or a factory reset in case something is wrong with your software.

El Presidente likes this.
  3. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

One possible solution that will give you smoother performance is a hard reset of your device. Many people have said that a factory reset (which, of course, has its downsides of wiping the phone) helped significantly improve both their devices speed and battery life. Just something to consider.

El Presidente likes this.
  4. admob

admob Well-Known Member

Cheers, I think I'll do one, battery life is deffo worse as well as the smoothness issue

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If you flash ROMs regularly, you generally have to factory reset to minimize issues going from one ROM to the next. As a major system update like this is essentially a ROM flash, the same thing rings true here. I suspect/hope a factory reset will sort most of your issues.

What would you need backed up?

GuitarG20 likes this.
  6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

I think some people are lucky & get away with out having to do a factory reset & some like you say have to.
    Brings back memories of the custom roms on the desire, i was often flashing 2 or 3 a week at first.
    I guess i have been lucky with the flash, i find JB smooth & i have a nice improvement in battery life.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/flsunfck4qbr42l/Screenshot_2012-12-23-21-43-11.png

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews