• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's the cool 3d photo gallery?

How do I get the voice to text app? I uploaded to Sprint's 2.1.

Does not work on the standard keyboard in Sprint's 2.1. But it DOES work on all the third party keyboards I have tried. Use it every day these last few days, and again, running non rooted Sprint 2.1.

So please don't listen to folks who say you CAN'T have voice to text on the Sprint 2.1. That is just incorrect. You just need a third party keyboard. I use Better Keyboard. Just fits better for what I do.

Upvote 0
It's not in our 2.1 update....if you want it..you can push it yourself through ADB....

http://rapidshare.com/files/390843260/Gallery3D.apk.html

put the Gallery3D.apk file in your TOOLS folder in the Android SDK folder..

1: cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
2: adb remount
3: adb devices
4: adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app
5. adb reboot this is how you finish

Reactions: Hero_Guy
Upvote 0
I sort of have a problem with this "strategy". It could hurt Android in the future. When I buy Windows 7, I get what I've seen in the commercials and read about. I don't look for the feature and have people say "Oh, HP PC's don't have that feature." I mean, it is fine for vendors (Moto, HTC, etc) to supplement with their own apps, etc., but all core features should be universal in a version.

I thought in 2.1 I was going to get Speech to Text and 3d photo gallery. I know there are ways to get these apparently with 3rd party or hacks, but that is beside the point.

Upvote 0
From what I understand you need to either disable sense or just the album part of sense, though I'm not sure if you can do just the sense album. Either way though, I understand it to be a sense issue.
what is that? thanks

oh i just installed the gallery3d.apk and got the new gallery so yea :)

anyone knows how to install the new 2.1 tab for your apps? it has the little grid as a tab rather than the arrow on the main desktop and when u open it its kinda 3dish..anyone? thanks

Upvote 0
Settings > Accounts and sync > Select "Google" account > check "Sync Picasa Web Albums"

I know... I wouldn't have thought to look there either, I just stumbled upon that one day. Give it some time to sync, and if you cant see the ablums there you might have to reboot the phone. I also think there are diffrent versions of the 3D Gallery out there since mine doesnt have "pinch to zoom", so maybe some versions dont have the Picasa sync option? Im using the one that came with the rom though. (Fresh 2.3.3) Hope that was more helpful. :)

Upvote 0
I sort of have a problem with this "strategy". It could hurt Android in the future. When I buy Windows 7, I get what I've seen in the commercials and read about. I don't look for the feature and have people say "Oh, HP PC's don't have that feature." I mean, it is fine for vendors (Moto, HTC, etc) to supplement with their own apps, etc., but all core features should be universal in a version.

I thought in 2.1 I was going to get Speech to Text and 3d photo gallery. I know there are ways to get these apparently with 3rd party or hacks, but that is beside the point.

I agree! Google is making a big mistake that is going to seriously hurt Android by letting it become fractured. Google should tell these handset mfgrs "you can use our OS only if you deliver it intact and unaltered." If HTC, Moto, etc. want to tweak things they should deliver their software as a UI layer ... then users would have the choice to enable/disable it but always have the core OS.

At one point, Microsoft faced a similar problem ... all the PC makers wanted to "customize" DOS but MS put its foot down because such a situation would make it impossible to supply the end-user with patches. We HTC users are facing the same situation: we don't have Google Android phones ... we have HTC Sense phones, and as such we've got no guarantee that Android apps will run properly on our phones. Can you imagine what would have become of the DOS apps market if programmers had to write a version for every machine? MS saw the future of a splintered market ... will Google?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones