1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Where's the GPS icon?...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThatonedudexP, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ThatonedudexP

ThatonedudexP Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Male
    Pre-service elementary teacher
    Tennessee, United States
    I saw in a Youtube review for this phone where the GPS icon should be in the app tray. When I look there, I don't see the blue triangle. Do I have to download something first? To use GPS, I have to go through the maps app. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :p

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The old "Navigation" app (the blue triangle) is now called Maps (the multicolored icon that's supposed to look like a map). It's been changed a few times and, both from my own experience and the comments I've read on the web, it was better before they started fooling with it. (I always preferred the MapQuest app, but they fooled with that so much that I prefer the Google app now. Or perhaps I should say I hate it less.)

It's in the app drawer, under "M" for Maps. If you mean the tray at the bottom, that's your choice - you can drag and drop icons in there to set it up your way. Personally, I have a folder with a few GPS-type apps in it on one of my homepages.

ThatonedudexP likes this.
  3. ThatonedudexP

ThatonedudexP Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Male
    Pre-service elementary teacher
    Tennessee, United States
    That's really good to know! :D Sorry, I meant the app drawer. lol The app you described is the one I was using anyways. :)
    BTW, this is why I was so confused: LG Optimus Showtime - Straight Talk - YouTube
    At 4:50 you can see the Maps app I was using (and you were describing) on the bottom right corner. A couple seconds later he swipes over and TADA the blue triangle is on top. I was so confused. lol