• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's the news

Update: It's been decided to keep it as is. The News forum will not be returning. Sorry for those this may inconvenience. :(

On a somewhat related note - we've inquired through disqus about getting access to the APIs so that we may use our AF accounts to comment on Phandroid. Then lock it down to that.

Just an inquiry at this point, but still.

Upvote 0
Ya know, those threads didn't get many replies.. There are maybe 200 replies on the whole first page of 50 posts..

He figured members could just go to phandroid to read the article - and if the disqus API thing works out it will only be AF members that can post there so... in essense it'd be the same.

I was for brining it back but, I'm not against NOT brining it back either. So when Rob said "let's not", I said "k".

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Ya know, those threads didn't get many replies.. There are maybe 200 replies on the whole first page of 50 posts..

He figured members could just go to phandroid to read the article - and if the disqus API thing works out it will only be AF members that can post there so... in essense it'd be the same.

I was for brining it back but, I'm not against NOT brining it back either. So when Rob said "let's not", I said "k".
Thanks boss, thought I'd ask
Also, members can make a thread about a news story posted on Phandroid in Android Lounge.. same idea/concept; but rather than a bot posting it, you are.
That sounds like a pretty good compromise considering...

Upvote 0

So people wouldn't have to register with disqus, they would just use their preexisting AF account login details? That does sound much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones