1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where's the old Clipboard on S-6

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by thnidu, Jan 19, 2016.

1. thnidu

thnidu Lurker

After a number of years and some damage, I upgraded from a Samsung Stratosphere 3 to a Stratosphere 6.
    (Old:
    Samsung Verizon Android Galaxy S-3, SCH-I535, OS v4.4.2
    New:
    Samsung Verizon SM-G920V, Android version 5.1.1)

One of the first things I noticed was: "No Clipboard!" The Clipboard was one of the most useful all-over features of the S-3. Just about anything I copied or cut (but not erased) went onto a stack of, I don't know, eight or twelve pages, and when I long-pressed in a text area it was on the pop-up list of options. When I selected it, the first four "sheets" would appear in the keyboard area, and I could move between all of them and select one to paste... then another, and another... and they would appear as commanded, with spaces between their contents.

(I mostly use the Swype keyboard, in several languages, sometimes switching to Multiling O for languages or symbol sets Swype doesn't support.)

What this meant to me is that I could easily copy a number of sentences or strings from one page or form and paste them into another, in any order, without having to switch back and forth between tabs or apps. But if it's anywhere on the S-6, I can't find it. "Clipboard" comes up sometimes as an option, but it just pastes whatever I cut or copied last, if that. It sometimes seems that after I cut or copy something with "Swype"-X or "Swype"-C, the "Select all - Cut - Copy - Paste" icon menu that a long-press brings to the top of the screen can't find it, and pastes the last text it cut or copied instead.

Can anyone help with (any of) this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download