• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wheres the water damage indicator?

My experience with Motorola has always been that the indicator turns red after getting wet, that's why I answered the way I did initially.

different indicators are used by different service providers, its not a manufacturer choice, the carrier chooses the sensor

edit: i might be wrong about what colors will change to what, but as long as the pattern is well defined, you know you are fine.

Upvote 0
different indicators are used by different service providers, its not a manufacturer choice, the carrier chooses the sensor

My experience in the cellular, and two way radio fields dates back to 1986, I have worked for AT&T (the original), Cellular One, Nynex, Bell Atlantic Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, Sprint (before and after the merger)
Every Motorola phone that I have ever touched that had a Liquid Damage Indicator, no matter which carrier it was made for.... the LDI turned red when exposed to liquid.

Upvote 0
I am a little concerned now. I removed my battery cover and the indicator is red with a white x / + sign. This thing has never seen water. I am interested in exactly what other Droid owners indicators look like. Note: I got my droid on day 1.

that is fine. once it turns a solid color, it is bad.

I had an LG phone that busted, brought it to the store, they told me it had water damage because of the label. I live in arizona, and they guy told me it was most likely damaged from humidity, yeah, humidity, in Arizona.... these things are pretty sensitive, and as long as your convincing enough, your problem will be take care of.

Upvote 0
My experience in the cellular, and two way radio fields dates back to 1986, I have worked for AT&T (the original), Cellular One, Nynex, Bell Atlantic Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, Sprint (before and after the merger)
Every Motorola phone that I have ever touched that had a Liquid Damage Indicator, no matter which carrier it was made for.... the LDI turned red when exposed to liquid.

Thats not what im saying, what I mean is, all the "ldi's" for verizon phones are the same, at least for the 5 phones I have had with Verizon. I assume that they use a certain kind so that they are all uniform.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones