• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wher's the hype

guess the upgrade to 2.2 only erally matters to techish type people so isnt really that big of a money maker

I agree w/ this. Plus, Apple brilliantly markets to people who are less techy. Their tagline "can your phone do that" makes people think that no other phone can do those things they advertise (which we all know is false). So, those people run out & get the phone that "does things no other phon can." THAT'S the money maker right there.

Upvote 0
Apple owns it all, hardware software and app store, so they market it, at t does not make money off of the apps or app store, so they push the hardware as do the other carriers.there is no one company pushing the software/app store side of things like apple, and the sense ui or the blur are just handset makers enhancements. it's too hard to push the software side for carriers when handsets and carrier changes to the software make the varried phones work in varrying ways as well as get updated at different intervals, hence the fragmentation, ie the hero cannot change led colors on the trackball so how can a carrier push an app like that when it will work on some other handsets but not all. this is too much of a marketing nightmare to push these issues to the public...most of the general public knows is it is android, if one does it they all should...geeks like us know better, but the general public is dumb, fickle and impatient....

Upvote 0
I hear, just pisses me off that every page I go to is APPLE APPLE APPLE, unless a new Android phone is released. And then it's usually "is this the next iphone killer"? I switched over from the 3gs to the EVO and can't believe how dumb I was for thinking Apple was the end all be all of phones. I have learned my lesson quickly.

Upvote 0
I hear, just pisses me off that every page I go to is APPLE APPLE APPLE, unless a new Android phone is released. And then it's usually "is this the next iphone killer"? I switched over from the 3gs to the EVO and can't believe how dumb I was for thinking Apple was the end all be all of phones. I have learned my lesson quickly.

I feel you. I did just about the exact same thing about two weeks ago - switched from the 3gs to the Aria - and immediately noticed the difference. The majority of what I know about Android is from online word of mouth (i.e. reading lots of forums and checking Youtube) as I've only met one person in real life that knew anything about it.

Just don't let it bother you too much. Compare the online/offline communities of Apple and Android. Which do you prefer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones