1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

which 4g plan do you have

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Martin714, Dec 23, 2011.

?

what 4g plan do you have

Poll closed Jan 21, 2012.
  1. $60 unlimited Everything

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. $50 1GB of data/unlimited youtube

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

o and answer why that plan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

have unlimited everything but i only pay $55 cause of family, way better than any other plan. (IMO)

Martin714 likes this.
  3. mj912010

mj912010 Member

i just picked it lol no real reason other than it was cheaper hahah:eek:

4. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

Got the $60. Unlimited. why? Because it has everything and is really good for its price..

golephish likes this.
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

and you dont have to worry about data usage. ;)

Martin714 likes this.
  6. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Android Enthusiast

I use the 50 and pay 45 because of the family plan. I have never even come close to using up my 1gb multimedia data.

Martin714 likes this.
  7. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

$60 but pay $55. No worries ever.

Martin714 likes this.
  8. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Android Expert

+1

9. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

same here

10. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

for u guys who bought the 50$$ plan wat does tht 1GB count for

11. Prime85

Prime85 Android Expert

I don't think anything, I stream alot and I am still at 0% data use

12. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

by a lot wat do u mean nd do u know if tht gb counts when i have a weather clock on my homescreen?

13. aasim305

aasim305 Lurker

MetroPCS told me that $60 is the premium plan which you have faster 4G speeds than the $50 plan. In the $50 plan they reduce your speeds.

14. Pappy62

Pappy62 Android Expert

???! :eek: You gotta be kidding me!?!
    Now THAT'S low down and dirty!!!
    No one @ Metro ever told me that - and I asked too!
    No mention of that little tidbit on their website either... (or none that I could find anyway)

:mad:

15. TattooedDroid

TattooedDroid Android Enthusiast

Someone outright lied to you...that's an outrage. we all have the same blah 4g :p

16. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Well you were misinformed and the dealer who told you that is a d-bag
    ^Didn't see that last post sorry :p

17. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

yea theres no way they will lower ur speed in the 50$ plan unless u use up the 1gb cap

18. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

They could careless about the speed of any plan until you go over the amount of max data. They sell plans by the amount of data you can use not the speed of the data

19. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

exactly u must have gotten a employee that was not well informed

20. SquirrelNuts

SquirrelNuts Well-Known Member

I have the $40 100mb plan. I notice Market and You Tube apps stick on loading halfway through the month (assuming i've gone over my limit). I just switch to wifi. That's the only 2 apps I've noticed.

21. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

I have the $50 plan, but pay $45 (family discount). The 1GB data cap is NOT really a 1GB data cap. It's only a cap on certain types of data. Repeat: it's NOT a 1GB cap on total data.

When you go on the $50 plan, Metro gives you a meter on your account page:

[​IMG]

I have 8 days left in this billing cycle and I'm STILL AT ZERO. Three weeks of using my phone on this billing cycle and I've used ZERO data? No, zero data of the type Metro measures. Everything else is unlimited and not measured.

For almost 2 months now (since I downgraded to the $50 plan), Metro says I'm using 0% of the category of data they measure. Everything else is unlimited, so I'm saving $10 per month by going with the $50 plan.

IF you happen to go over the so-called data cap on the $50 plan, Metro will give you the chance to instantly upgrade to the $60 plan. In that case, then you know the $50 plan is not for you.

But I'm glad I downgraded to the "$50" plan. I don't like paying $10 for nothing.

22. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

In your profile, you say you have an Esteem. How do you have the Esteem on the $40 LTE plan? :thinking: That's for non-smartphones, like the Samsung Craft/Crap. LTE Androids have to go on the $50 plan or higher.

23. Mikito1976

Mikito1976 Android Enthusiast

Family plan: 2 lines of $50, I pay $45-LG Esteem Rooted with PG Kernel, wife pays $45-LG Optimus Rooted with PG ROM. No complains whatsoever.

24. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

chazzmatt i have a question im planning to go to the 50$ plan but first i want to know if it affects the market video chat and web browsing

25. Gomez025

Gomez025 Android Enthusiast

There is no $40 plan for android LTE phones. Only for the craft.
    Also with the $50 plan you don't get MetroSTUDIO which is pretty much video on demand on your phone. The $50 4G plan does gives you 1GB data cap but that doesn't affect you go on the android market only when surfing through web pages and perhaps accessing adobe flash videos too. You don't really accumulate 1GB over time but I might as well be on the $60 because I can watch NBC primetime shows on metroSTUDIO whenever I want :)

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews