1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which Android phone for simple tasks??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ScorpioZ, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ScorpioZ

ScorpioZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Hi Guys and Girls!!

This is my 1st post and hope you can help with a quick question. I became a full on Android user last year after getting rid of my Iphone and trusty Nokia handsets. I cannot express my love for Android right now as I love the wide range of handsets, customisation, option to root etc.

I always have 2 handsets with 2 seperate lines with one being mainly for Calls and Text messaging and the other for Data related tasks such as email, internet etc.

At this time, I have a HTC Wildfire S for Calls and Text and a rooted HTC Sensation for Data etc.
    I didn't want a handset too big or expensive as my calls / sms handset so I got the Wildfire. I am now finding it a bit too small when typing number and sms on the keyboard. I also find it slow at times.

I am now looking to replace the Wildfire and have shortlisted the Samsung Galaxy W, Samsung Nexus S i9020 (which I can get for a good price), HTC Desire or the HTC Desire S.

Please can you recommend which would be best or another handset for simple non smartphone tasks? I am liking the Galaxy W of its size and apparently good battery life.
    Feel free to suggest going back to my Nokia if you think that is the best option.

Thanks from EXTREMELY HAPPY ANDROID USER AND FAN!!!
    ScorpioZ

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'd take Desire S or Galaxy W out of those.

3. ScorpioZ

ScorpioZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Can I ask why??

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    The Desire is like what, 3 years old? Plus it has a 600Mhz CPU compared to the 3 others which has 1Ghz.

I'm not into Nexus phones primarily due to lack of expandable storage because they don't have microsd slots, and well require a bit more tinkering that OEM phones to get them to have all the features you want at a touch.

The Desire S is more of an HTC skinned version of the Nexus S, but I sort of like it better since it has more RAM, so it will run smoother.

The Galaxy W, on the other hand, while having the same RAM as Nexus S, has a faster CPU, running 1.4Ghz.

The Desire S and Galaxy W would be more stable and better experience than either phones because of better hardware.

5. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    IT Tech
    North Cumbria
    The Desire has a 1ghz processor, not 600mhz.