• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Android? Txt alerts, battery blackouts, & predictive text software

hullpv

Lurker
Jul 2, 2012
I'm planning on dumping my I-Phone for an Android. I want the following features:

1. Audible (not visual) SMS Txt message alerts that repeat until cancelled or messages read
2. Audible (not visual) voiceamail alerts repeat until cancelled or messages listened to
3. Phone will run on 100% dead battery immediately charger is plugged in with no delay and/or a user-switchable battery so a spare charged battery can be immediately exchanged for a dead one
4. In text entry mode, predictive text software can be switched off permanently

I've called HTC, Samsung, and Motorola but I can't get any confident answers and the users manuals haven't been helfpul either. The respone I get is just to buy a phone and then return it if I don't like it but I dont' want to spend hours and hours learning a new software pardigm just to find answers to what seem to me to be pretty straightforward questions that manufacturer reps should be able to answer. So, in desperation, I thought I'd ask here: Does anybody use an Android phone that has the above 4 features? If so, how do you like it?

Many thanks

Philip

The first two features are app related. Since I have never had a need for those features, I couldn't tell you what app but I'm sure they exist. For the 3rd most phones have user switchable batteries (double check to be sure though). And most keyboards allow disabling of predictive text so that shouldn't be an issue.

So far, most Android phones would fit your needs except for the first two. But that is app related so it really depends on if someone has made an app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones