• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which app Link2SD or Apps2SD is better for moving apps to the SD card on the Volt?

kwiknuts

Dec 3, 2014
Which app Link2SD or Apps2SD is better for moving apps to the SD card on the Volt? and why ?

Whichever one is best, any links to install procedure for our Volt ?

I have a 32GB sd card to work with so how big should the partition be for where apps are moved to?

I'm using the Carbon Remix 4.4.4 rom.

thanks

I use Link2SD and haven't had an issue with moving any app either to or from SD, or converting to system app. Never used App2SD, so I can't compare them. Link2SD will allow you to move obb, cache and external data without a partition, which has been sufficient for me.

As for partition size, it depends on how much you want to move. There isn't really an ideal size. It's just how much space do you want?

Upvote 0
Which app Link2SD or Apps2SD is better for moving apps to the SD card on the Volt? and why ?

Whichever one is best, any links to install procedure for our Volt ?

I have a 32GB sd card to work with so how big should the partition be for where apps are moved to?

I'm using the Carbon Remix 4.4.4 rom.

thanks
The apps setup about the same. IMHO apps2sd seems to run a little more fluid.
Your partition size needs to be enough for the apps and data you wish to move. So that would be up to you.
  • DOWNLOADS2SD (downloads, pictures, music, movies, DCIM, and more)
I've got 80 apps, on SlimKat, and 2.52 GB still free
Screenshot_2016-04-14-15-04-03.jpg

I also use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary clutter.

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0
The apps setup about the same. IMHO apps2sd seems to run a little more fluid.
Your partition size needs to be enough for the apps and data you wish to move. So that would be up to you.
  • DOWNLOADS2SD (downloads, pictures, music, movies, DCIM, and more)
I've got 80 apps, on SlimKat, and 2.52 GB still freeView attachment 103792
I also use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary clutter.

-------------

So if instead I were to flash Curtis's ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps it states that it has " Native Move Apps To External Storage Plus Native Permissions For Apps To Use External For Downloaded Files,Etc... " would I even need Link2SD or those
Xposed framework modules OBB ON SD and DOWNLOADS2SD ?

Upvote 0
-------------

So if instead I were to flash Curtis's ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps it states that it has " Native Move Apps To External Storage Plus Native Permissions For Apps To Use External For Downloaded Files,Etc... " would I even need Link2SD or those
Xposed framework modules OBB ON SD and DOWNLOADS2SD ?
Yes because native move apps to external only gives the ability to move the apk and apps having the permission to use external doesn't mean they will. Links2SD will give you the ability to move ALL of the apps files. The xposed modules are also helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones