• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Which app software should I use?

eric9930

Lurker
Jul 30, 2015
Hey all,

I'm looking to design my very first app, I have experience with website design but brand new to apps.
I would like to create an app similar to Yik Yak where users can submit text and other users can up or down vote it. (I'm not looking to use the GPS feature like Yik Yak)
Any suggestions on what website/software I should use. Cost isn't a huge issue, it seems like all the sites are reasonably priced.

Thanks!
Eric

If you want to support cross-platform I can recommend using Apache Cordova and Angular. You need some jquery / javascript experience, but its very powerfull, very complete, its backed by a great community. You can create a Yik Yak like app with it just fine.

Personally I use Visual Studio for development on this platform but there are plenty of options for choosing a dev-env.

Reactions: eric9930
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones