1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HOTHEAD, Jun 10, 2011.

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Looking for a suggestion on a Bluetooth. My last phone, I had a Motorola Bluetooth that I could push the button on it to answer calls, press and it would ask me commands (ie call?), and it would auto answer calls after 3 rings. I don't remember the model, and I lost it a while ago, so I'm in the market again.
    I really don't want to spend a fortune on one, but with all the hype about radiation in cell phones, I figured now is as good a time as any to scoop a few new ones for me and the wife and kids.

Any suggestion?

HOTHEAD

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I can recommend, without reservation, the Motorola S9 or S10 bluetooth stereo headset. Especially if you like listening to music on your phone.

Either supports A2DP, has controls for volume up/down, skip forward/back, pause/play, and place a call. The microphone is embedded in the right earpiece and works fairly well (unless you are in a noisy environment).

I can get a solid 6+ hours of continuous music on a 2-hour charge, or it should last all day in standby. The S10 loses signal very rarely outdoors. The S9 was a little more prone to that; if you're outside a lot, go with the S10.

They come out of the box pre-fitted with medium earpieces, but have small and large in the box if you need a different size. They're a little tight in the beginning, but I have found they expand slowly and become more comfortable over time. The S10s are more flexible and water/sweat-resistant than the S9s.

Really, it all depends on what YOU need and want. Hope this helps you on your quest.

3. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    For just phone calls, I have the Plantronics Voyager 510. It's an older one, a little more expensive than some others but it works VERY well. It does all you asked except for the 3-ring pick-up (that's a phone function, not a BT device function).

I've had mine for 3-4 years now, still works great 99% of the time, still gets good battery life. I have absolutely no complaints with it. I think the Voyager Pro may have replaced it in the Plantronics lineup.

4. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Newbie
    None

May 26, 2011
  5. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Insurance/Benefits
    So Cal
    I also recommend the Plantronics Voyager Pro. For use with your phone, I have not found a better quality headset. I have tried Motorola, Jawbone, BlueAnt, and a couple of more I can't remember. All started failing after 10 to 12 months.

The Voyager Pro has great call quality, both listening and speaking. I rarely get any comments about the quality from the person I am speaking with. I use it on average 3 hours a day for work calls. No problems. It has 6 hours of talk time.

6. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    I have had a Jawbone Icon since they came out last year, and I have been overall very happy with it. Since Jawbone has since come out with the ERA, the prices have dropped to $50 or less...