1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which book is better for learning App Development?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by yarin1312, Dec 15, 2013.

1. yarin1312

yarin1312 Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Hi, I have moved this thread to the Application Development forum since your query is in regards to developing apps.

Hope this helps, PM me if you have questions or concerns! :)

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Don't know which is better but Reto Meier works at Google and leads the android developer advocate program. Met him once. Nice guy.

There is a book by commonsware that is supposed to be good too.

If you are interested in our have theory then Joshua Bloch's effective Java is excellent.

4. timcs

timcs Member

Most of these types of books are based on the fact that the reader already knows Java which is not a problem but for those of us (me alike) who had never programmed in Java before starting Android , found some of these books hard to take in.

If you have already done Java , of the books listed, I only know of the second book to be OK. However if you have not covered Java try this book :

Android Apps for Absolute Beginners: Wallace Jackson: 9781430247883: Amazon.com: Books

I read the first addition and found it to be very helpful. Since then I have used the following as reference books :

http://www.amazon.com/Android-Appli...87236149&sr=1-12&keywords=android+for+dummies

Android in Practice: Charlie Collins, Michael Galpin, Matthias Kaeppler: 9781935182924: Amazon.com: Books

&

Android Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself (3rd Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself -- Hours): Carmen Delessio, Lauren Darcey, Shane Conder: 9780672334443: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks

TimCS