• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Which book is better for learning App Development?

yarin1312

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
After I started to learn from videos on YouTube and people told me its bad so
I decided to choose a book and to read, which book you think its better?

Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides): Bill Phillips, Brian Hardy: 9780321804334: Amazon.com: Books

Professional Android 4 Application Development: Reto Meier: 9781118102275: Amazon.com: Books

if you have a better book it will be great :)

Most of these types of books are based on the fact that the reader already knows Java which is not a problem but for those of us (me alike) who had never programmed in Java before starting Android , found some of these books hard to take in.

If you have already done Java , of the books listed, I only know of the second book to be OK. However if you have not covered Java try this book :

Android Apps for Absolute Beginners: Wallace Jackson: 9781430247883: Amazon.com: Books

I read the first addition and found it to be very helpful. Since then I have used the following as reference books :

http://www.amazon.com/Android-Appli...87236149&sr=1-12&keywords=android+for+dummies

Android in Practice: Charlie Collins, Michael Galpin, Matthias Kaeppler: 9781935182924: Amazon.com: Books

&

Android Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself (3rd Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself -- Hours): Carmen Delessio, Lauren Darcey, Shane Conder: 9780672334443: Amazon.com: Books

Thanks

TimCS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones