• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which browser are y'all using?

?

• Stock

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • Dolphin

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
sync'ing bookmarks with your desktop Chrome?
can you explain this feature?

I tried to upload a screenshot, but fortunately my phone has <1x coverage at work. Chrome syncs browsing history and bookmarks across various computers when you log into the browser. I no longer need to use chrome to phone or email drafts to copy info from pc to phone.

Upvote 0
I use ICS Browser +. It's based off of the stock browser (basically Stock with some enhancements).

I can't stand the lack of Flash in Chrome and Firefox. If either had Flash, I'd give them another shot.

I was about to leave a comment about how I hate that when I want to click something on the right or left of the screen it brings up the quick controls.... Then I checked the settings and I changed it to 10 dpi, and only a deliberate swipe on the edges will bring it up.

So yeah, ICS Browser+ has my vote.

Upvote 0
It's mind Boggling to me that no one is using ICS Browser+ ... to me since the day it's been out has been the hands down best browser. I can never go back to not have Quick Controls. Everything accessible with just slide of finger on edge of screen.. you people don't know what your missing. Also it sync's bookmarks with my desktop ... NO other browser does anythign better.
Hey, thanks for the recommendation! I had not heard of this before and now have installed it. You are right that it is very nice. Editing the Quick Controls to taste is a cool feature and addresses the few quirks about the stock browser that I didn't like.

Upvote 0
I installed Chrome on my phone and my tablet when it got ICS. Mostly because people say "ooooh, with ICS you can run Chrome". But I really don't see the point, it is only mildly different than the stock browser, and it doesn't do flash.

The Firefox beta is pretty good, I like it has extensions like "phony" and ad blockers. The v14 beta (phones) has Flash, but the tab bar never hides and no ad block extensions work. The v13 beta has ad block, but no Flash.

So mostly the stock browser is good enough. I like seeing desktop sites, and I don't like seeing ads. That's about all I need/want from a browser. On my iPad, Atomic Web Browser does both for $0.99. I'd pay that for a similar browser on Android if there were one.

Upvote 0
I installed Chrome on my phone and my tablet when it got ICS. Mostly because people say "ooooh, with ICS you can run Chrome". But I really don't see the point, it is only mildly different than the stock browser, and it doesn't do flash.

The Firefox beta is pretty good, I like it has extensions like "phony" and ad blockers. The v14 beta (phones) has Flash, but the tab bar never hides and no ad block extensions work. The v13 beta has ad block, but no Flash.

So mostly the stock browser is good enough. I like seeing desktop sites, and I don't like seeing ads. That's about all I need/want from a browser. On my iPad, Atomic Web Browser does both for $0.99. I'd pay that for a similar browser on Android if there were one.
Just figured I'd point out that if you root, you can block ads from the HOSTS file. It blocks almost all ads, and as another bonus, it also catches banner ads in apps. (though if you do use it, I'd recommend paying for ad-free versions of apps when they're offered.)

I was rather disappointed in Firefox. I figured they'd have gotten Flash + addons working pretty quick. Sadly that's not the case, so I've never gotten into it. I agree Chrome just seems pointless if it doesn't have addons or flash either. I used to use Dolphin on my old Motorola Droid (still do actually) but when they got rid of the original and came out with Dolphin HD, it went downhill in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I really like chrome and the lack if flash doesn't bother me. It runs pretty poorly on mobile devices so I only use it if I really need to see something that needs flash, in which I head back to the stock browser. I like the syncing of the bookmarks, passwords, and opened tabs on multiple chrome sessions.

Upvote 0

FF has adblock?
i'd use it for that feature alone, since i'm not rooted and have no plans to.

Upvote 0
I really like chrome and the lack if flash doesn't bother me. It runs pretty poorly on mobile devices so I only use it if I really need to see something that needs flash, in which I head back to the stock browser. I like the syncing of the bookmarks, passwords, and opened tabs on multiple chrome sessions.

i only use chrome on my desktop sparingly since mouse gestures doesn't work on blank and the downloads screens (but they work in FF).

Upvote 0
I tried to upload a screenshot, but fortunately my phone has <1x coverage at work. Chrome syncs browsing history and bookmarks across various computers when you log into the browser. I no longer need to use chrome to phone or email drafts to copy info from pc to phone.

I know how its done in chrome but the person I quoted was using the ICS browser.
I've been using Chrome Marks to sync to ICS and wanted to know other options.

Upvote 0
On my antiquated ViewSonic ViewPad 7 I have tried many different browsers, but due to internal storage limitations I've had to look at the more lightweight options, and even then I have to move app to sd.
I can't comment on chrome or Firefox as they aren't available for my tablet, but I have used opera and opera mini, dolphin and dolphin mini, boat browser... etc.
Opera was great but in the end too big. Dolphin I just didn't like. Mini versions of both I found irritating. Boat was pretty good but I had problems using full-desktop sites such as Google calendar configuration page no matter which user-agent I set.

Finally I settled on Angel browser, which, for me at least, has been great. It is very lightweight but still very configurable and I've had no issues using sites that other browsers have struggled with. Swipe gestures for back/forward, up/down etc. are easy to set and use, and the quick controls are very useful, as is the auto cache-delete (user-configurable)
The only issues I now have are on certain script-heavy forums which can cause Angel to stutter, but that's where tapatalk comes in handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones