• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which browser can do this?

davo26

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
hi

on my rooted One X i used dolphin mini browser. it was perfect, opened in mobile view (so correct size for reading) and the text wrapped so all i needed to do was scroll down.

i now have the M8 and backed up and installed dolphin mini again using helium so my settings remain. however, it doesnt text wrap on the M8 for some reason. i have to scroll across each line. ive downloaded pretty much all the browsers in the top 15 in play store, but can get none of them to open in mobile view AND text wrap.

the nearest ive got is actually the stock browser which does this, but im struggling with the bookmarks and other shortcuts, so just wondered if anyone had a recommendation. or do you mostly accept the overview and double tap every page you go on?

thanks

Check your user agent. I keep all mine on desktop so I get what you are seeing. Things change on each update or download and it might not have imported or kept your settings.

I prefer desktop since mobile view leaves too much stuff out like links I want on some sites.
nope, tried all 4 settings inc desktop, they dont actually seem to change anything as far as i can see, and certainly dont wrap the text to fit the screen :-/

thanks anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones