• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which browser do you use and why?

Which browser?

• Stock

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Dolphin

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Firefox

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
switched from dolphin 6 to opera mobile... much more stable, and it handles text reflow and zoom better and smoother. also expands those inline-frame boxes so you can see all choices if more than fits the windows as mobile browsers like dolphin notoriously cannot scroll those boxes... i.e. facebook full site, any of the "who's attending" or "friends in common" pop ups, try viewing those on dolphin.

apple and microsoft are the only 2 browsers that allow true desktop like scrolling of those boxes, but opera expands them so the page format is lengthened but at least you see all the info!

Upvote 0
so what`s the point of using such a browser which doesn`t support flash these days ? pointless... at least for me.

New to Android, so early days but so far been using Opera Mobile. Seems stable and handle flash well, plus has the option to only allow flash if you click on it. Downloaded Firefox beta as a big fan of it on desktops but no flash atm, and having come from an iPhone flash is a big appeal.

Upvote 0
Tried opera, dolphin and firefox. I wanted to like firefox, -- I like the gutter navigation and interface best -- but it rendered pages poorly, particularly for goole. I can't even read personalized google news with it. Dolphin HD works best. Has a fullscreen mode, too. If Firefox improves, I'll switch back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones