1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

which browser to use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slushbuckets, Oct 23, 2014.

1. slushbuckets

slushbuckets Lurker

Which is the worst? Which is the best? What do you prefer?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

I use Chrome, it seems decent. Clean interface, fast. I speeded it up considerably by changing those default tiles to 512..

3. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Android Expert

I'm not familliar, can you elaborate? I'd love a faster Chrome too! :)

4. Jersey Frank

Jersey Frank Lurker

If you use Chrome you do not get the cool toolbar features with s-pen while holding down on a word - dictionary, needn't search etc. You do get this in the stock blue SD white globe browser that comes with Note 4.

5. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Dolphin, since Flash works great on the N4. I installed 11.1 Flash apk. Desktop mode is preferred for Flash content.

6. slushbuckets

slushbuckets Lurker

Thanks guys, i might try dolphin out, i feel the stock browser and chrome are a bit laggy..

7. rushmore

Chrome for whatever reason is a resource hog on Android and iOS devices.

8. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast

Best browser I think it is OPERA. why? I love how the text wraps! !!

[​IMG]

9. slushbuckets

slushbuckets Lurker

Im trying out cm browser and its lightning fast so far, like it better than chrome and browser

10. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

I go between Opera Mini and Chrome :) really depends on what I plan on doing and whether I'm on HSDPA, LTE or WiFi.

11. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Paste the link below in Chrome and select 512, then click reset.

chrome://flags/#max-tiles-for-interest-area

12. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

Chrome, hands down. Lots of great extensions. If you're not using Pushbullet, you're missing out

13. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

Out of curiosity, which flash version are you using? I cannot get flash to work on my new (insurance replacement) N3 that came with 4.4.2 on it. I have 11.1.15.81 installed. Cannot get any flash sites to work however.

EDIT: I DL'd the official 11.1.15.81 flash apk directly from Adobe, but still can't get it to work. An earlier version of Flash worked fine on my Jelly Bean (4.3 original stock ROM) on my original N3. Any help or ideas appreciated.

EDIT again: Seems that Dolphin is the only browser that allows Flash to actually work on 4.4 roms. I have confirmed Dolphin being able to run flash sites, but all other browsers (Boat, opera, maxthon) will no longer allow flash sites to work on 4.4.2. So question answered.

14. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Android Enthusiast

Curious to what flash version to install. I tried to install 115.27 and
    And version above but couldn't get flash to work with stock or Chrome browser.

Thanks

15. rushmore

The Flash I am using is 11.1.115.12. Works fine on Note 2014, Note 4 and S4 with Dolphin and Firefox.

16. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

I use Chrome because I use Chrome at home and just enjoy the easily synced bookmarks. But I find that I don't use the browser that much. lol

17. AnonGuy

AnonGuy Android Enthusiast

Chrome used to be dog slow, but now it's one of the fastest mobile browsers on the market.

Issue is it's severely lacking in feature set, and I really don't want Google to be storing anything and it is always trying to get you to sign in (and signing out is as confusing as ever now... not hard, just confusing).

Need Save Offline, Reader Mode, Independent Brightness Control, and a way to tell the Browser to Download to the SD Card's Download directory instead of internally on the phone...

So I disabled it.

They also made some baffling UI changes. They bury the Forward and Back Buttons, for example, which makes it an absolute PITA to use compared to the Samsung Browser, which I prefer for its features and layout.

Chrome is the more responsive UI, though that may change after the next major update (on my Note 3). It's not the performance, it's Samsung's Animations that seem to make their browser seem... sluggish... for some reason (too slow, almost makes you think closing a tab takes more than one tap sometimes).

18. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

Isn't that more KitKat 4.4 than Chrome unless you're rooted? Apps can't write to any folder other than their own right?

19. AnonGuy

AnonGuy Android Enthusiast

Chrome has never had that option, not even on ICS or JB.

So no, it's not just KK. Those features were never in Chrome for Android (which wasn't released with KK, it has existed since early 2012 or so :p ).

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews