• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Which case is best for me?

Ferrari353

Feb 6, 2011
California
Which case is best for me? (HTC Inspire)
I can't decide between the Case-Mate Tough case or the Case-Mate "Barely There" case.
I want good protection, but I don't really want silicone anywhere externally because it makes it harder to get in/out of my pocket and it's a major lint magnet.
Which of those cases is better? Or is there another case that I should be looking at?
The reason I don't really want an otterbox is because all of them have external silicone.

Which case is best for me? (HTC Inspire)
I can't decide between the Case-Mate Tough case or the Case-Mate "Barely There" case.
I want good protection, but I don't really want silicone anywhere externally because it makes it harder to get in/out of my pocket and it's a major lint magnet.
Which of those cases is better? Or is there another case that I should be looking at?
The reason I don't really want an otterbox is because all of them have external silicone.

No offense lol but why don't you get the phone first and see how you like it naked

Upvote 0
I love naked phones, they feel way better without a case, but I'm clumsy and I drop my phone a lot! I don't want to risk damaging the beautiful beautiful exterior in any way, shape, or form. I'm going to be overly cautious with this amazing piece of awesomeness. :D

And I'm actually considering the Otterbox Defender case now because it has the screen protector too. With the defender case, will it make it harder to get it in and out of my pocket (especially if I'm wearing skinny jeans)?

oh BTW I ordered it from Amazon today and it's ETA is Thursday :D

Upvote 0
I love naked phones, they feel way better without a case, but I'm clumsy and I drop my phone a lot! I don't want to risk damaging the beautiful beautiful exterior in any way, shape, or form. I'm going to be overly cautious with this amazing piece of awesomeness. :D

And I'm actually considering the Otterbox Defender case now because it has the screen protector too. With the defender case, will it make it harder to get it in and out of my pocket (especially if I'm wearing skinny jeans)?

oh BTW I ordered it from Amazon today and it's ETA is Thursday :D

very very cool, i dont like extra bulk so my case has to have that perfect fit/protection

Upvote 0
That's why the Case-Mate "Barely There" case seems nice, but I watched a couple videos about it on Youtube and everybody was saying that it doesn't really protect from drops...only scratches really...and I need something that will protect from drops.

What about like the Zagg Invisible Shield? Would they protect from drops?

Upvote 0
no, the Zagg is essentially a screen protector all around. It'll protect from scratches and dirt, but it's an full body screen protector. It does help with grip though, it feels almost jelly like. And they are hard to apply correctly lol. I worked at Best Buy mobile and had to learn how to do them correctly and still think they are a pain.

Upvote 0
You might want to consider the Innocase II.
I received my Seidio Innocase II combo today, great fit with no bulkiness at all.
The case is 2 pieces (top and bottom sections) and snaps together easily, felt type material on the inside of the case as well as the inside of the holster (the phone goes in face first)the outside of the case is very smooth so becareful the first few times you handle it.

Upvote 0
I'm using the Speck Candy Shell (charcoal). You can only get it via eBay, local AT&T or AT&T's website for accessories. Speck's site actually doesn't list it for some odd reason. It's a tight fit and durable like a hard case but flexible like a silicon cover.

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

Upvote 0
I just got my HTC Inspire 4G Android today. Thus far I love it. However, the AT&T store where I got it, didn't have any accessories, so no case or screen protector. So, I drove to the next town, where there is a Best Buy and had no luck there either. I'm guessing one ot two things. The phone is very popular here and they've sold all the accessories that they had or it's still so new, that they don't have anything in stock yet.

I've read this thread and a few others and I'm trying to decide which way to go. My primary concern is to protect the unit WHENEVER I drop it, as I KNOW that I will. The secondary concern is to protect the front from getting all scratched up, etc.

I'm an old fart, so I don't carry a "purse" or backpack, like some of you guys do. No offense, but my generation just doesn't do that sort of thing. I'm an IT consultant, so I'm on the go, in and out of truck all day long, to go onsite at one of my client's site. I'm thinking that simply getting some sort of cover and putting it in my front pocket or my service kit might work, but I'm wondering if there is some sort of rig that I can attach to my belt, that keeps the unit secure and will STILL allow some sort of additional case or cover to be on the unit and still fit into the "holster" (for lack of a better word).

Based on the above criteria, any ideas or recommendations?

Upvote 0
I just got my HTC Inspire 4G Android today. Thus far I love it. However, the AT&T store where I got it, didn't have any accessories, so no case or screen protector. So, I drove to the next town, where there is a Best Buy and had no luck there either. I'm guessing one ot two things. The phone is very popular here and they've sold all the accessories that they had or it's still so new, that they don't have anything in stock yet.

I've read this thread and a few others and I'm trying to decide which way to go. My primary concern is to protect the unit WHENEVER I drop it, as I KNOW that I will. The secondary concern is to protect the front from getting all scratched up, etc.

I'm an old fart, so I don't carry a "purse" or backpack, like some of you guys do. No offense, but my generation just doesn't do that sort of thing. I'm an IT consultant, so I'm on the go, in and out of truck all day long, to go onsite at one of my client's site. I'm thinking that simply getting some sort of cover and putting it in my front pocket or my service kit might work, but I'm wondering if there is some sort of rig that I can attach to my belt, that keeps the unit secure and will STILL allow some sort of additional case or cover to be on the unit and still fit into the "holster" (for lack of a better word).

Based on the above criteria, any ideas or recommendations?

Otterbox Defender. Drop protection, built in screen protector, and a holster. Does add some bulk.

Upvote 0
One thing I really like about the Inspire 4G is tye scratch resistant screen! It is nice not needing a screen protector. I have had the phone a year now and liked my Case Mate POP case but it is rubber and loses its shape and needs replacing often....so I am buying one of those fancy hybrid fishbone cases!!!!
I am looking at these three:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-BLACK-H...253221?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4ab7254625
OR
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seidio-Inno...432890?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5893b805ba
OR
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Mate-T...714157?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5893ad0e2d

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones