1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which data plan to get with Inspire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KenG10, Feb 9, 2011.

1. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

So, I think my wife and I are going to upgrade to Inspires on Sunday. These will be our first smart phones. (Currently sporting Samsung propels). I'm just wondering: how easy is it to rack up 200MB of data usage? Should we just each get the 2GB and forget about it?

Now that I think about it, we will most likely be on wifi most of the time. Decisions....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

200mb is pretty easy. Unless you are absolutely sure you'll be wifi connected most (and I do mean most, as in no chance you might slip up) of the time, I wouldn't recommend it.

3. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

It's extremely easy to exceed 200 mb unless you rarely go on the web. If you have wifi at home, then you're in great shape. In my case I do, yet I still use tons of data via 3G when I'm out. You have the option to go online via computer during your billing cycle to monitor your usage. A practice I highly suggest.

4. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

And i think you can also set "nanny" limits to prevent unsuspected HUGE BILLS. My girl friend does light email and fb and hits over 200 a few times a year. I consider myself a "heavy user" and have hit over 2G twicethis year...we both have wi-fi at our homes.

With netflix coming and the higher hspa+ speeds plus a nice 4.3 inch screen, i could see myself breaking that 2G mark 10+ times in the coming year.

5. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast

6. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

I'll transfer my unlimited data from my iPhone 4 when I buy my Inspire. For $5 more than the 2GB plan it makes more sense to keep it imo.

7. Same here. Although being that im on wifi all the time I used only 380 mb this month and im a HEAVY user lol

8. I would suggest start with the 25 monitor your usage for a few months then you can decide if you want to lower it or not

KenG10 likes this.
  9. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

Good idea, thats exactly what I'll be doing. Thanks.

10. no problem :)

11. _Cody_

_Cody_ Member

I plan on using the 200mb plan, at least to start. I'll tell you how it goes. I'm not a heavy user and I too have wifi at home.

12. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

I will probably go with the $25 plan. Unless Marc gives some more info. on that Family Data Plan for $55, that could change things. But I'm going to be a WiFi user, so no worries for me. My aunt, who has an iPhone, signed when at&t offered unlimited data, and she lives on WiFi, unless she travels, which is regularly. I reset her data usage every few months to monitor her usage. NEVER has she gone past 50 mb of data through at&t!!! And I only clear it every few months.

Matt

13. gtalum

gtalum Well-Known Member

I don't know how you could consistently stay under 200 mb per month with this device.

14. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

I'm going to have to upgrade to the 2GB Data Pro plan for $25 because I've been using the unlimited featurephone plan for $15.

2GB is more than enough anyway.

15. Yo my man! You getting the inspire now??

16. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Yep, I need something to play with until the Atrix comes out :D

17. Ahahahahahahaha nice lol

18. Question????

Getting a Data Plan doesn't necessarily mean that I will be using the Internet under it all the time right? If I'm able to find a hotspot somewhere, will I still be using my data plan? or is a hotspot out of that circle?

19. _Cody_

_Cody_ Member

Hotspots use wifi, so if you connect to it, the data will not be used. But once you disconnect, data is turned back on.

Nu2Android2k11 likes this.
  20. OK! Thanks. So it all depends on how much Data i'm willing to pay for for safety...

21. _Cody_

_Cody_ Member

I am within wifi range half the day and i don't use alot of data so i have the 200mb plan.