1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Which Discount Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by baxter1999, Jul 12, 2016.

1. baxter1999

baxter1999 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a new phone as I just broke the screen on my old LG phone (which I was looking to replace anyway) and am looking at three budget phones- the BLU R1 HD (With lock screen ads, only $59.99), the Moto G 4 (with lock screen ads, $125 with added discount) and the Honor 5x, which is only $119 for Amazon Prime Day. All I want is a phone with a decent camera and decent speed for the price range. I know nothing about phones so I need your help! I need an answer by tonight because the Honor 5x discount goes away.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. baxter1999

baxter1999 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Oh, I would also want it to have a good GPS for Pokemon go ;)

3. baxter1999

baxter1999 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Ok so I have pretty much ruled out the BLU R1 but am still stuck between the Honor 5x and the Moto G4. One thing I am concerned about is overheating, and I hear that both phones, especially the G4, have overheating problems. Which would you prefer?

4. hlouiesj

hlouiesj Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    I can only tell you about the 5x as I now had it for 10 days., and don't know anything about the G4 It had only gotten warm during the times that I was watching a movie, and continuous use in learning and setting up apps, etc with this phone. My only complaint is it does stop due some youTube videos. But that might be the server it is trying to access the video from. I have allow the battery to go down to as low as 13% and it have charged up in 2 to 3 hours. It only felt warm during that time. Other than that, I haven't much negative to say about the phone. Still, I would have like it more if it had replaceable battery.