1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which display settings are you using?

Discussion in 'Moto 360' started by dan55, Feb 14, 2016.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

Hi guys .

Just wondering what brightness, always on etc settings everyone is using... And what battery impact you see if not stock?

I've got mine set to standard auto, always on currently, but I'm not a big fan of auto dim settings as I find it is too dim for me often :/

cheers
    Dan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I usually leave mine on auto too but there are occasions when I switch it off and just use full brightness. Sometimes I just want to use and see my phone no matter the consequences on my battery. At some point we're all sacrificing what we do on our phones just to save on battery usage. From a day-to-day view I just have to recharge it more often but I'm kind of lucky in that my phone has an easily replaceable battery. But there are a lot of phones out there now that have fixed batteries so in a long term sense battery longevity is a real issue.

dan55 likes this.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Screen settings do have a big impact on battery level.

I agree with you, the auto-brightness doesn't work well and often makes the screen too dim. So I keep mine on level 1 consistently, which is bright enough for most situations except outside in sunlight (For those situation when I find myself suddenly in bright light I use brightness boost or slide from LLHC to mid-screen in apollo which gives the brightness slider.... just have to remember to put it back which is sometimes easy to forget). . I also keep ambient mode off so face is not lit when I'm not using it. I do have "tilt to wake" option on so I can turn on the screen just by tilting my wrist to look at it.

dan55 likes this.
  4. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

I use always on with auto bright turned on. This is on the Mark II. On the Mark I I always used always on turned off and had the brightness set to 1. I think that was one of the things on the patch notes for the most recent release, better handling of the auto brightness.

dan55 and electricpete like this.
  5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

Cool thanks guys, good tips. Mine is a new sport model which I think is a version 2.
    ...good idea about the Apollo slider control ... Apollo is a great app :)

... btw can you hide the ok Google text? Covers my battery level :/ :D
    cheers
    Dan

6. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Use ok Google from the watch and it'll go away!

dan55 likes this.
  7. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

thanks... figured out that with the excellent flip clock face, you can move it around... sweet :)