1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Which driver for Kies on XP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bind00, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Windows 32-bit XP SP3 (Intel).
    The road to this point has been long but I'll try not to bore you with all that.

Now though (finally), with the Galaxy S connected to USB in Kies mode the MTP Device in Device Manager says no drivers are installed. If I let Windows try to find the driver it says it can't find anything better so I try manually. However, when I navigate to the USB Drivers folder I'm confronted with 22 sub-folders cryptically titled Simmental, Swallowtail, Siberian, etc. :thinking:

Where do I go from here?

Advertisement

2. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I mailed Samsung support about this too but haven't received a direct answer to this specific driver question. They say make sure I have .NET 3.5 SP1, Windows Media Player 11, DirectX9.0C and ActiveSync 4.5. Well the first three are OK although I resent having to have Media Player installed. But Microsoft state that ActiveSync 4.5 is only for XP SP1 and 2. Not SP3 which is what I have. I've pointed this out to support and am waiting for a reply but if anyone has any ideas in the meanwhile I'm all ears. But increasingly little hair.