1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Which Droid X rom is the closest to pure vanilla Android?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dguy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. dguy

dguy Android Expert

Sorry if it's common knowledge or obvious to some but I browsed and searched and couldn't find a direct answer. Which Droid X rom is the closest one can get to having a pure vanilla install of Android on the phone? Talking icons, colors, wallpapers, everything. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

liberty is the closest to vanilla

dguy likes this.
  3. dguy

dguy Android Expert

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Android Expert

I would agree that Liberty is the closest to a stock vanilla rom that you can get with a droid x but it is themed yellow. You'd have to find out if there is a vanilla theme to get the colors/etc from yellow to stock.

I didnt run Liberty for long so I'm no help when it comes to available themes, for some reason Liberty didnt like my phone...

5. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Liberty or Fission.

6. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

What he said.

7. Btros

Btros Android Enthusiast

There is a black aosp theme for Liberty here:

[Theme] Black AOSP for Liberty 1.5 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It's all the vanilla android icons with a black notification bar instead of white.
    You can also use sephtin's theme generator to make your own theme, although I still don't know if there's any white notification bar options there either.

8. dguy

dguy Android Expert

I wouldn't mind a black notification bar since that is what Gingerbread uses. I think it looks better too.

9. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Thanks for that link! I've used a similar theme awhile ago on Fission. Cheers!