• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which file system does the tab2 support?

I have been tinkering with my micro SD card to get files larger than 4 Gb on it. My tab 2 doesn't seem to support ExFAT and NTFS so is there a file system that supports files larger than 4 GB AND supported by my tab 2 10.1?

Hello Sahri. There's an app in the Play Store (used to be "Android Market") which facilitates various file systems for the sd cards. I've forgotten the name of that app, but a search in Play Store under something such as "sd card file system" etc may yield exactly what you're hoping to accomplish. :)

Upvote 0
Hello Sahri. There's an app in the Play Store (used to be "Android Market") which facilitates various file systems for the sd cards. I've forgotten the name of that app, but a search in Play Store under something such as "sd card file system" etc may yield exactly what you're hoping to accomplish. :)
I just did that and the apps that did what I wanted required a rooted device and mine isn't rooted (yet).

Upvote 0
Maybe there is a program that can split the file in 2, though a slight inconvenience, meaning you will need to start the next file when the first one finishes.

Might google this myself and see as i have a couple that a bigger than 4GB, so in order to keep the quality this may be an option if there is a file splitter out there?

Upvote 0
Can confirm, I tried it with a program called 'MKVToolNix' v6 (free). It installs on your PC/laptop, then splits the file in 2 [assuming you have a big file over 4GB that won't copy to a FAT file system].

You end up with 2 files now, quality is kept the same. As mentioned only thing is, movie stops after then end of the first file, does not automatically continue with the second file, thats the only slight inconvenience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones