• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which files can I delete on my Atrix from my computer?

I bought an Atrix secondhand yesterday.

When I opened up the internal memory on my macbook, I found a bunch of files that are irrelevant to what i'm running on my atrix atm.

I even ran a Factory reset, and some of his pictures he took and other files were left behind on the memory still.

So, I'm wondering which files I can delete from my Atrix safely.

My Atrix isn't rooted, but I have a feeling it used to be, because I found N64, SNES, and NES roms in the files (and I dont see any n64 emulators on the Market atm).

So question number two would be, even though my Atrix seems to have been rooted and unrooted, is my Motorola warranty still valid?

Third question: since my Atrix isn't rooted, is there still a chance Firmware updates will be rejected if I delete certain files from it?

Thanks in advance

attached: picture of files on my atrix from my mac.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7525/screenshotdy.png

What folder are you in? Is it possible you are in the external SD Card? Maybe he had the n64 emulators/roms for a different device. When I look at my SD I have all my old Nindendo DS stuff on it - but of course its showing in my Atrix, just not needed.

Pop that badboy open and take the SD card out. See if the files still show.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones