• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which files go where?

MyEvilBanana

Nov 24, 2013
Hello, I've only rooted one phone before and I made it into a bit of a headache but thanks to a moderator I got through it. But on to my new phone and I want to make sure I'm following directions before I start and gum something simple up by over thinking it again...

Phone: Samsung Rugby Pro
model# Samsung-SGH-I547
Android 4.1.2
Baseband I547UCBLL1
Kernel 3.0.31-1371191
Build J205K.I547UCCMH5

I have downloaded:
comanche_CWR_6019_KemoNine.img
comanche_cwr_6015_utkanos.tar.md5
comanche_ucli3_stock_recovery.tar.md5
cwmr_root.zip
Odin

My question is to make sure I'm doing the correct things listed in the root instructions with the correct files.

1) comanche_CWR_6019_KemoNine.img
comanche_cwr_6015_utkanos.tar.md5 Go on my computer in the same folder and the .tar is the one I use with odin correct?

2) cwmr_root.zip Goes on my phone internal memory and external memory card Correct?

3) comanche_ucli3_stock_recovery.tar.md5 Goes on my computer just encase I ever want to go back to stock correct?

The comanche_CWR_6019_KemoNine.img was what was getting me confused as the instructions didn't say anything about it.

I know they are real noob quesions but I want to get everything right the first time.
Thanks In Advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones