• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which Flytouch/Superpad (etc) Do I have?

Frisco

=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Jan 19, 2010
androidforums.com
Yes, vendor branding has caused a bit of confusion, and even accusations of fraud, having to do with these "Flytouch" products.

Apparently Gome and the Chinese registration of the product name have been seeing a lot of strange incarnations of these devices, some with just a RAM upgrade, and then the "Flytouch" name attached to it as if Gome was the modifying entity.

Google around and you'll find remarks about it all over the forums, here included.

This is typical:

"The shanzhai debranded Flytouch II is a product based on the original Gome Flytouch 2. I appears that there are vendors labeling a RAM upgraded variant (512MB) as the Flytouch 3. This is highly misleading, because Gome is not going by this branding. The 512MB version cannot be considered as a new generation of the Flytouch line of Android tablets, and as such should still be referred to as the Flytouch II, or Flytouch II with 512MB."

"The manufacturer name for this new product is the SuperPAD II."

Yes, vendor branding has caused a bit of confusion, and even accusations of fraud, having to do with these "Flytouch" products.

Apparently Gome and the Chinese registration of the product name have been seeing a lot of strange incarnations of these devices, some with just a RAM upgrade, and then the "Flytouch" name attached to it as if Gome was the modifying entity.

Google around and you'll find remarks about it all over the forums, here included.

This is typical:

"The shanzhai debranded Flytouch II is a product based on the original Gome Flytouch 2. I appears that there are vendors labeling a RAM upgraded variant (512MB) as the Flytouch 3. This is highly misleading, because Gome is not going by this branding. The 512MB version cannot be considered as a new generation of the Flytouch line of Android tablets, and as such should still be referred to as the Flytouch II, or Flytouch II with 512MB."

"The manufacturer name for this new product is the SuperPAD II."

Indeed......things have moved on a bit now.....there is now a similar confusion over the Flytouch 4, the Flytouch 5 and the Flytouch 6, none of which (AFAIK) Gome produce. Things, it appears, will not be getting clearer any time soon!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
first what pad do I have? Flytouch 5 Capacitive Tablet PC WiFi MID infotmic

Anyone can help me to find info on this one is ok a little buggie the flash sucks

second can it be root?

• Model: Android P1001c
  • Android version:V2.3 2011-11-24 (401112
  • Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 root@wanghua -desktop #239
  • Build number: FRF85B

user_online.gif

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Sorry for being such a newb, but I just bought a cheap tablet from Hong Kong, on the box is says "SuperPad III," but it seems that might be misleading.

I want to root it, so I can get the real Android Market installed (not this Chinese version), but I've no clue which actual tablet I have! Please help. Below are some specs which might help those who know much more than I:

Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM suixing@fael #56
Build Number: GRI40

If anyone needs more info, please ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Oy.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Sorry for being such a newb, but I just bought a cheap tablet from Hong Kong, on the box is says "SuperPad III," but it seems that might be misleading.

I want to root it, so I can get the real Android Market installed (not this Chinese version), but I've no clue which actual tablet I have! Please help. Below are some specs which might help those who know much more than I:

Best,
Oy.

Sounds like GRI40 is a chinese firmware and AFAIK previously unheard off here so I doubt anyone has much information for you I'm afraid. you will need to find out which cpu it has in order to direct you further, if its an InfoTm x220 then try HERE, and if it is an A8 Cortex then try HERE. Neither of these groups are specifically for your model but they are the same class of device.

Upvote 0
Sounds like GRI40 is a chinese firmware and AFAIK previously unheard off here so I doubt anyone has much information for you I'm afraid. you will need to find out which cpu it has in order to direct you further, if its an InfoTm x220 then try HERE, and if it is an A8 Cortex then try HERE. Neither of these groups are specifically for your model but they are the same class of device.

Thanks for helping out! On the back of the tablet there's a sticker, "infoTMIC," so I'll check out your link and see what I can make of it.

Appreciate the assist,
Oy.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Best,
Oy.

Hi,
I'm also new to the android game, but I have a similar tablet:
Model number: DK1032
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM
Build-number: GRI40

I had no problem rooting it with Gingerbreak (Google's your friend). I'll also need USBdebug (available in Android Market) to enable USB debugging.

Upvote 0
Hello there,

I just received a "SuperPAD III" tablet. The box has been opened and the tablet used before i received it and it was a gift so i find it sort of weird asking if they gave me everything that was in the box. All i managed to find out about it is:

Model number: SAWEE10
Android version: 2.3_20110926
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 gejunjun@semitime-server #5
Build number: FRF85B

I hope you can help me out here!

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I just recently got a tablet that is labeled as a SuperPad VII and after reading all this stuff I am not so certain it is, here is the Info I can gleam from the tablet
Model Number BC1003
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version 1.5rc4
Kernel Version 3.0.8+
Build Number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120912 test-keys

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, im in a bit of a predicament....i seem to have acquired what the box says is a Superpad 3. I have browsed many many posts but cannot seem to get a defintive answer. Being new to these devices im now a bit stuck.

Unfortunately the pad doesn't boot up it is stuck on an Infotmic screen with 0.6.1.5(587) in the corner. I'll list everything else i can below:

2 x USB
1 x TF slot
4GB sticker on the side
5v Charger
Red charging light

The booklet that came in the box also states;
VC882 embedded 1GHz ARM cortex A8 32-bit processor
512mb DDR3 ram
Screen resolution 1024x600
Capacitor touchscreen single
Battery 5000mAH

Although i have no way at present of checking these specs. I am able to connect to my pc via usb by pressing power and menu, and the pad vibrates on boot up. I have tried recovering the tablet but it hangs on at 1s mark.

Any advice or particular roms i can try, at least to boot it up so i can check what it is?

Thanks in advance

Donna

Upvote 0
I just recently got a tablet that is labeled as a SuperPad VII and after reading all this stuff I am not so certain it is, here is the Info I can gleam from the tablet
Model Number BC1003
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version 1.5rc4
Kernel Version 3.0.8+
Build Number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120912 test-keys

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

That looks very like a Megapad 8. I have one with matching details and thats what it is. Google it, suppliers in London area

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones