• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Home do you use?

Which Home screen do you use?

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Home++

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • GDE

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • dxTOP

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other (Reply with what it is)

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
I'm using dxTop. It gets laggy on occasion and I have had force closes, but I haven't really had any problems since the last update a few days ago. The killer feature for me is the app drawer categorization. Today's update just made the category bars a bit larger on the droid so they're easier to tap (this pic has the old size)

Also the long-press & drop menu functions are nice and the 4 direction homescreen layout is clever so you can get to any of your home screens with 1 swipe instead of having to flip past 2 other home screens to get to the one you want. This limits you to 4 home screens, but that's plenty for me.
I can't figure out how to get the tabbed app tray.

Upvote 0
I use GDE and have tried all the others. I like features of all of them however In trying them I settled on the least laggy and buggy of them which ended up being GDE for me. I was super surprised how laggy Home++ was on my droid. When swiping between pages, after a few pages It would take 2 swipes before they would register. It was then back to GDE with the Hero theme. (love the graphical bar at the bottom) I have gotten some force closes on occasion when taking it out of the mulitmedia mount but it has no lag between screens for me.

edit: Wow went and looked back at the poll, and most use Home++ but most of report they experience lag? Curious why they stay with it. Lag on my Droid drives me crazy. I expected it on my old Envy Touch!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones